Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read this article over on Cracked.com. Silly, and absurd at points, but still a fun read.

BTW, that site tends to have some NSFW language, so click with caution.

·
Registered
794 Posts
ROFLMAO! Haven't had that good a laugh in AGES :D

Thanks for the link Caliente!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Beautifully done. Hilarious!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad to oblige. I spend a little more time reading that site that I probably should, so naturally my girlfriend always tells me I'm addicted to Cracked. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
133 Posts
That part about freaking out while at speed........totally true! The first two days I rode, I had death grips on my handlebars haha!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, my wife forwarded this to me a while back. Great read, the captions on the photos are priceless. We now refer to someone tailgating as 'picking rectal daisies'.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Fun article but, this guy is not a biker at heart.

But on a motorcycle, you sit right down on top of an engine with wheels, and the second you start moving, you realize that even our posted speed limits are still three to eight times faster than our species was ever meant to go. Our stupid eyeballs and ears and brains simply cannot reconcile our established rate of travel without all the buffers of a car around us, because our instincts understand that this should not be possible. But on a motorcycle, suddenly you comprehend the wrongness of speed. You feel every tiny bump in the road as you hurtle over them at a sacrilegious pace, the wind screaming in your ears, because that's what happens when you try to outrace the very air itself, objects flying by too quickly for your eyes to fully register.
It is precisely the intoxicating DESIRE to go fast, to be that IN the environment, IN the wind, that aware, that, to me, is at the heart of being a motorcycle person or not.

If there is ever a place to NOT be aware, it is in a car.

And I have yet to see a speed limit I thought was too high. Let alone multiples of too high.

In any event, not meaning to be a dick. It was a fun read but, that guy ain't a motorcycle person as I understand the term.

:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'd like to thank the two of you for posting these. My family is really concerned about why I am crying. Very funny stuff

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yet another article that literally had me ROFLMAO. Poor hubby just doesn't get it. Oh well, at least I have lots of motorcycle friends who I can forward this to who will appreciate it :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts