Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the other day I got on my bike. Started it up and it drove just fine.. Parked it, came back to it, got on it, started it up again. It started perfectly and ran for like 2 seconds then went completely dead. Head light off, couldn't see reading on the odometer just dead as a board... So i got a trailer got it back to my house figured no power so i went strait to the battery.. The battery is good and well plenty of power.. After i started to check wires and make sure everything was plugged in and all was well.. When i was checking things i checked the fuses.. Found that one had blown.. Thought to my self sweet i think i found the problem. went and bought some fuses. the 30s. plugged it back in hooked the battery back up, turned the key and still nothing. The fuse had blown again.. So i tried to put another one in and it blew immediately.. I assume i have a short somewhere but i can't find where. Has anybody else had this problem? I need to know where to go from here so i can get power back to the bike?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have running lamps on the bike, check the wiring inside the headlight bucket. I had a similar problem and found that the wire supplied with the light kit was not heavy enough to handle the current draw on the bulbs. Went to heaver guage wire and increased the amperage of the line fuse. Problem solved.

Ride Safe

Eddie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts