Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that to figure out what kind of gas mileage you get, you take the number on the trip meter when you fuel up, and divide it by the number of gallons you put in. Is this the right way to do this? If so, I'm getting approx. 63.3 miles to the gallon! That can't be right, can it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,765 Posts
You're correct Mom, you must twist the right wrist gently. I'm just ugly no matter what I'm doing. That's why there's mirrors in my house!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
I read that to figure out what kind of gas mileage you get, you take the number on the trip meter when you fuel up, and divide it by the number of gallons you put in. Is this the right way to do this? If so, I'm getting approx. 63.3 miles to the gallon! That can't be right, can it?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only issue that I have with this is the fact that the speedometer is probably off, it was by 7mph on my 950. I noticed when I started using a GPS/Speedometer app on my phone. The motorcycle speedometer was saying I was traveling 73mph when my actual speed was 65mph. So the faster you go the more miles were added to the odometer. My bike said I was getting in the 50's for mileage when I was really getting 40's. Something to consider.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts