Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
there isn't one. he does zero explanation in the following clip, but the fuel line is disconnected with a plastic clip that you pull away from the hose where it connects to the tank. so you pull the clip out perpendicular away from the hose, then pull the hose off the metal piping that it slides onto. might be a good idea to have a shop rag underneath in case of fuel runoff.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bevo

I saw that video last night. Fortunately he had an empty tank. Unfortunately mine is full.
I found that there is no way to shut the fuel flow off. I found a service manual that says to manually pump the gas out of the tank before removal. REALLY Yamaha ?

·
Super Moderator
13,056 Posts
i've taken my tank off/on multiple times with gas in it. when you unhook the fuel line, it shouldn't come out of the tank. shouldn't. hence, shop rag. but i would disconnect everything else before getting to the fuel line so that you can be ready to lift the tank off the frame and tilt it away from the fuel hose side if it does want to come out. because one time i had an issue...

·
Super Moderator
4,472 Posts
Every fuel injected vehicles that I've messed with are the same way, cars included. The only fuel that "should" come out is what is actually in the line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts