Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well G'day gang .. Hairy Bob here sending a big hello from the Gold Coast Australia to all you fellow riders out there, where ever you maybe on this big beautiful planet of ours. I hope all you guys and girls have been getting yourselves some nice rides in here and there .. I know I have :grin:. I'm riding the XVS650 Classic. I know she's only a pony compared to some of the bigger cruisers out there, but I tell you what, she's a tough little " Brumby" , I'll give you the drum. I bought her brand new in June 2016. I don't do any commuting on her at all. it's all decent rides out through the hinterland behind the Gold Coast, country runs and some nice coastal rides. I've done a couple of good long hauls on her too, and had her pretty well loaded up. The beginning of last month ( March ), I rode down to see an old mate of mine in a nice little fishing town called Bermagui, down the far south coast of N.S.W. That was a 2600 klm round trip, which I reckon is a good little run in anyone's books. I've done that trip on Black Beauty twice now, and I am totally stoked with her. Anyway, that's my two bobs worth for now. I've been having a bit of a squiz through the posts and enjoying the read. I look forward to being a part of the forum and hope I can contribute in a meaningful way.
In the mean time .. ride safe gang.
Best regards.
Hairy Bob.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good start !

:surprise: ... Fair bloody dinkum .. off to a flying start groovers ! Don't ask me how I managed to post my intro twice. Does anyone know how to delete a thread ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Beautiful bike and beautiful country,,, Very jealous on the trips it is 6 degrees celsius 20 for us here in america. Love the lingo you have, post more often enjoyed reading your post and stay safe,,, Jeff from Saginaw Michigan U.S.A

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in Quebec, almost 3 hours drive north of Quebec City. Still too cold for riding up here. Ice and snow slowly melting away on warm days but there is a lot of sand on the roads at this time of the year due to adding sand over the icy roads. The sand is almost as slippery as ice. I also have a 650 Classic. I bought it just before the snow came late last fall. Riding season lasts about 6 months maximum.

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Bob. Beautiful ride you got yerself there. Same situation here as what Dabluz described but it won't be long until I move the snowblower to the back of the shed and the bike to the front (actually, I'm moving both to the GARAGE at my new house this weekend - lol). Lots of 650 riders here who absolutely love them so you're in good company.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,466 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Hi Hairy Bob,
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Very nice intro except for one small detail, no pics of black beauty for us to drool over! Please share some pics with us and ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Firstly, thanks heaps for the warm welcome from all of you nice people .. I reckon I'm going to like it here :smile:

Secondly, Hey Keith, sorry mate, I thought I did post a couple of pics of Black Beauty. Righto .. see if these come through ..

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can someone please tell me if those three pics showed up, and if they have, do you have to click on them to enlarge them ? I'm still fumbling my may around on how to do things here .. thanks.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,466 Posts
Yes I see them. Great looking bike and very cool scenery.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Lesblank ... I thought I mightn't be loading my photos properly or something. Now I reckon it's time to start venturing outside of the welcome room hey.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
... But then again, I like it in here .. The colour scheme, the comfortable lounges, the music, well stocked bar, and all of you nice people to have a bit of a yarn to ... why would a bloke want to move out ?? :smile:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
... in fact, I'm feeling very comfortable and mellow at the moment ... so comfortable in fact that I'm even going to sing you a little song I wrote. I do have a bit of a confession to make though, and that is I did "borrow" a couple of lines from a Lou Reed song, but I know ol Uncle Lou wouldn't mind .. God rest his soul.
Anyway, it goes something like this ...

I took Black Beauty out for a ride,
her engine felt good between my thighs,
the air felt cool - it was 40 degrees (C) outside.
We rode right out to Warwick out through Cunningham's Gap,
one time we got lost and had to check the map,
I love my XVS so much ...
I could kiss her.

So ... wadda ya reckon groovers ... should we get the band back together ??? :grin::grin::grin:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
I think the band should definitely try and get back together. You could call it the ‘Yammy Reunion Tour’, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts