Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Ric, but everyone calls me "The Ricster". I live in New Zealand and I have bought a black 2012 Vstar 950a as my Adventure Motorcycle to explore the epic roads of the land of the great long white cloud. Most people would pick BMWs, KTM's, and the likes to tour these very twisty wild New Zealand roads. But I say where is the adventure in that, bring me a cruiser where they say it cant turn too well, and all I hear is "Good luck, Mate, riding those high, narrow windy mountain passes". But that just fuels my sense of adventure even more.
I am currently getting this bike ready to take on some pretty spectacular trips and all will be documented on my youtube channel.

Looking forward to being part of Starbike forums and getting some great ideas. The Ricster :grin:

Attached is a picture of my bike "Lola"

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,462 Posts

·
2,503 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Ric. You picked a great bike. I'm envious of those twisty mountain roads. I have a feeling you're going to be scraping the footboards frequently but that's all part of the fun.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Dont run over any Hobbits or Wizards up in those mountain passes!

A cruiser bike will corner just fine, and the pegs will always scrape before the tires start slipping out on you. So you get a perfectly clear warning that you are taking the corners too aggressively before you find yourself sliding across the curve on your butt on the pavement, wondering WTH just happened?!

Because of the rake on the fork, when you push the grip forward to counter-steer, it will push back a lot harder, and when you let off the pressure it will straighten out nicely all by itself.

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Hi Ric! Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Nice intro and with a pic! I ride a 950 myself, great bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts