Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I am dave, I am from Wollongong, NSW. I have a 2004 1100 custom.. which I quite like.. looking forward to getting some hints and tips on maintenaince and spending more than I am allowed to!

Dave

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome Dave from downunder!

Are you willing to give up any more info about yourself? Pics of the bike? How/when you like to ride? How long you been riding?

(we like to get nosy around here :D)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
righteo then, I'll throw in a photo of a ute, a telegraph pole, a pretty bush and my bike..
Where I live its riding season 12 months a year, I am a fair weather rider though, I try to get out at least once a week and hit up the highlands near home (but still attempt to hit 150km in distance to make it count as a ride.) I love within a few K's of some of the best roads the state has to offer for bikes.. so thats where I head :D

sticker on the tank is a temporary measure to see if I like it there before commiting to a colour matched airbrush effort.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome Dave to the 4m, bike looks good. Wish I lived in a state to ride 12 months out of a year!! I'd never make it home :) Oh wait if I rode for a year wouldn't that be 12 months I"M so confused Hahaha.. Nice decal should go for it, it would look good on the tank. Doing any fender painting also?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Dave to the 4m, bike looks good. Wish I lived in a state to ride 12 months out of a year!! I'd never make it home :) Oh wait if I rode for a year wouldn't that be 12 months I"M so confused Hahaha.. Nice decal should go for it, it would look good on the tank. Doing any fender painting also?
Thanks Levi,
was implying that Its not undercover for 2 seasons of the year;)
To be honest I don't know about any other painting, was leaning the way of bobber guards and a set of apes, it all does add up pretty quick, when everything you want to do costs over 10% of the total value of the bike each and in reality does nothing to enhance value I have to really ponder each thing. although I have some funds cleared from tax time which was going to go towards a hypercharger and thugstar exhaust, but with the offer of bobber bits.. more pondering is in action.

Dave

·
Registered
317 Posts
Thanks Levi,
was implying that Its not undercover for 2 seasons of the year;)
To be honest I don't know about any other painting, was leaning the way of bobber guards and a set of apes, it all does add up pretty quick, when everything you want to do costs over 10% of the total value of the bike each and in reality does nothing to enhance value I have to really ponder each thing. although I have some funds cleared from tax time which was going to go towards a hypercharger and thugstar exhaust, but with the offer of bobber bits.. more pondering is in action.

Dave
Totally understand, discussions discussions! I have always like the bobber look, but the Apes seemed uncomfortable on a friends bike, I'm not to sure how I would do on a long trip, but the look is NICE.
Good luck and ride safe:D

·
Registered
794 Posts
righteo then, I'll throw in a photo of a ute, a telegraph pole, a pretty bush and my bike.. ]

G'day Mate from a transplanted Aussie living in San Francisco... Melbourne girl :D

Just a quick translation for all you north Americans - a ute is basically a smaller version of what you all call a "truck". The kind you use to transport dirt bikes and whatnot.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
That telegraph pole is in need of care. How often does it get maintainence?:D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome and translation services.. Airfilter is a maxx air kit with another one hanging out the otherside, doesn't seem to collect bugs, I got a shotload of small flyers on my visor on the last ride, but didn't notice anything when reapplying filter oil.

On a side note, the maxx-air kits was installed before purchase and supposed to match with exhaust. Just after I bought it I had a dyno test with a crazy afr. Trying to get tech support from maxx-air was useless as I couldn't provide my purchase details for kit.
I had the jets redone to bring the afr to a correct ratio and gained 6hp at the wheel over the '20% more power setup' that maxxair claims to provide.
The bike runs really well now ( thanks to maxpower @ russel vale, NSW) and I have thoroughly enjoyed my choice after 6 months behind the bars after giving up my crotch rocket about 6 years ago

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum down under Dave.Nice lookn scoot.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts