Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
i went for my first long ride saturday, sunday i woke up with more than usual lower back pain. Usually its on the left hip this time on both sides. could it be the kidneys?
drink even when you don't feel like it to stay hydrated, the only time my kidneys hurt is when i don't drink enough fluids. i know hip pain well, i'll getting a replacement very soon, kidney pain is the kinda pain you get in your side when walking a good distance. feels like a muscle in the lower back but it really the kidney aching. fluids end the pain quickly

·
Registered
318 Posts
From your description, it sounds like you need more back support. I've suffered kidney stones for over 30 years, and the pain (from kidneys) is more in the side; from lower back around the side and into the lower front. If you're not experiencing pains in the side, I'd say that back support would help you. Good luck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
A back belt would be a cheap mod to see if it works to ease the pain. Cheaper than buying a new seat and other mods. At 72 I know the aches and pains of getting older, but as long as I can I'll continue to ride.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I hear ya. I'll be 61 this year and know what yer talkin about. Got me a back brace to try out this year. But ya know, I get the same pain even from riding long time in a car. Especially our VW Bug. Seats leave much to be desired. Guess just can't sit for too long.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts