Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all. I've been riding dirt bikes all my life. Just purchased my first street bike...'03 V Star Classic 1100. I bought it with only 491 miles on it. I've had it for two weeks, and even though it's been a bit nippy, I've put about 150 miles on it.

I couldn't be happier. Hurry up warm weather....(I guess I could be happier)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!

Hope you can get it out of that storage area before something spools on it.

Glad to be here eh? Well we'll just see about that, won't we,,,,you haven't had a run in with Springer yet huh? :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's already out of the storage area. That was taken the first night I bought it. Haven't taken another picture of it yet.

As for Springer, I've seen other posts, all I can say is that I hope I am prepared.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the house of,oh wrong forum. Welcome aboard. I see you have been doing a little prereading before posting. Nice pic.That bike looks like brand new.Don't worry about
Springer,he's harmless.The guy you gotta worry about is that Sparkyd fellow.You know how they are in Washington. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yes, welcome. Your bike is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous as she sits. My thoughts may be just slightly affected
by the fact that my 650 is an '03 and it has the same color scheme (with the same chrome covers) as your 1100 has.
Makes me drool.

But... Aren't we looking at the picture of a Custom instead of a Classic here?

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
I couldn't be happier....(I guess I could be happier)

AHA!!! Incontrovertible proof: blue bikes are un-pallet-able! Thank you for the photographic evidence!:)

And as to your ambivalence??

Oh. Welcome:)

PS- Stay away from Stratowart. He has a thing for...well...let's just say I hope you're not a member of The Loyal Order of Moose

;)

·
Administrator
13,674 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was actually a little nervous about buying it with such low miles....a good problem to have a suppose. When it was sold to the dealership, it was an old rich guy that bought it because it was "cool" and then just never rode it. Didn't say why, but his loss is my gain as far as I'm concerned because I haven't yet noticed any problems.

As far as it being a custom and not a classic, you are correct sir. I was misinformed...or should I say not informed and it was an undeducated guess on my part. I have since been corrected. Ha ha.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
WELCOME FROM WHERE EVER I MAY BE! ! ! Sorry, didn't mean to yell:eek: I'm thinking he might of been embarrassed to ride it, looks like somebody accidentally spilled BLUE on the paint

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
As you can plainly see Mr. My03, this Springer guy thinks it is a big joke to take anything you write, and reorder it for you and misquote you just to please his sick mind. I know, let me try it:...

First we take his exact quote:
Incontrovertible proof: blue bikes are un-pallet-able! Thank you for the photographic evidence!:)
Then simply rearrange a few words and you get:

Hi there big boys, my name is Springer. I enjoy quiet walks on the beach with my Harley Davidson Biker Brothers and talking about the gun owner's Bill of Rights and about how we love loud pipes. ;);)
:D:D:D

·
Registered
251 Posts
@Bevo...
My '03 had 1485 miles on it when I bought it in October '11. I ordered a "bikefax" before going to look at it and the seller had almost all of the original receipts. The first owner invested in almost $2,000 worth of mods and accessories and then drove it about 800 miles in 8.5 years. Second owner had it for 5 months and put less than 200 miles on it. I bought it from the third owner who had put about 400 miles on it in a little less than a year. Sometimes you do find the proverbial "little-old-lady" deal.

@Everyone else...
Well, it certainly seems that it's time to clear something up here. The color of this bike is all BLACK with GREY and PURPLE stripes on the tank. Not a drop of blue on it. Now as everyone knows a black bike is faster because it absorbs energy instead of reflecting it (bouncing it back) the way all other colors do. The black color makes the surface of the bike warmer which makes the air pass over that surface easier. The stripes are aerodynamically placed so their effect on overall drag is negligible. Make no mistake, this is a very fast bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
errrrr,
excuse you indeed. That IS the color of his bike.

·
Registered
251 Posts
No offense meant what-so-ever Wart. It was a two-fold response, partially meant to re-inforce what I assume is Sparky's belief that black bikes are the fastest with scientific fact. Funny that several others would naturally think those stripes were blue though...;)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
No offense taken Mr. 650v. I wasn't even sure how the color blue even made it into this thread. But when I saw blue paint comments I had to go back to the 1st post and look closely at the picture....I still don't see any blue other than a blueish twinkle that I figured is the reflection of the camera flash.

But all that aside, let's face it, blue really is the fastest color for motorcycles. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts