Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Damn....this global warming really sucks.
The technical term, this week, is 'Man Made Global Climate Cool Warming Change Thingy'

It should be the outrage of our time how science and a decent hypothesis, "Man has some impact on the environment..." have been bastardized into the anti science and anti thought "It IS settled and man is THE problem"

But, hey. We never wanna win debates on the merits. We just wanna win. It's what we do.

·
Registered
291 Posts
There is zero doubt we effect the planet. Where the doubt lie is how much? The way I see it thousands to millions of years before man the planet had went through cycles where it was either completely frozen or 99% tropical. Its kinda hard for me to see the impending doom as out fault.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Global Warming or not?

Hmmmm ... well, facts say the globe is warming, then again, we have been only keeping records for way less then 200 years and certainly not as we do now, all around the world.

So yes, i think we are warming during the time we started keeping records and so what? Nothing we are going to do is going to change it, except make companies and political figures rich selling it to you!

The earth is 4.5 BILLION years old, guess what? Its had MANY cooling and warming trends during that time when mankind did not exist!

Just THREE decades ago the scientific community was worried about global COOLING! Look it up in the 70s, the coming of the next ICE age.

So let the earth do what it does and keep the governments and our public servants out of our pockets and have them do their jobs, secure our borders and protect our constitution.
(I promise to not post anything further in this thread *L*)

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just THREE decades ago the scientific community was worried about global COOLING! Look it up in the 70s, the coming of the next ICE age.
That's my point. A scientist recently told me the earth is constantly going through cycles. It's just funny, and typical, how politicians have found yet another way to keep people scared and make money from it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts