Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum. Just picked up a 2009 1100 custom.
Proud owner of a 2006 Roadstar midnight since new.
Best bike I've ever owned.
Going to be looking for help and opinions to turn the Vstar into a bobber...
Would like to try and make it a little different than everyday bobber.
Suggestions welcome.
Cheers.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
anyone that can hang their bike on the ceiling for winter storage is badass!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,534 Posts
Come on down to Houston, Texas. It was 79 degrees today, over cast but no rain.

·
5,534 Posts
But the down side of Houston, 100 plus half the summer and 90 plus percent humidity most days. You turn into a sweaty goo at the first stop light. I sit in stop and go traffic everyday for an hour plus each way. But I still commute every day.

·
Registered
565 Posts
But the down side of Houston, 100 plus half the summer and 90 plus percent humidity most days. You turn into a sweaty goo at the first stop light. I sit in stop and go traffic everyday for an hour plus each way. But I still commute every day.
I remember riding in summer in so.cal and it was like riding in a hairdryer. Pouring sweat at stop lights.
Are you allowed to lane filter there?

·
5,534 Posts
No lane filter, and I don't, just sit there and sweat. That's why I have 2 summer helmets and 2 mesh jackets, I swap them every other day. One thing over the years, I've become an expert at taking helmet liners out and cleaning them.

·
Super Moderator
6,420 Posts
Hi kmacc, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Any pics you’d like to share with us? We’re big on pics here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2,533 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes, kmacc. I hear ya on the snow. Supposed to go up to 16C here tomorrow, but of course in winter warm weather means rain. Oh well, we're on the back nine of winter...won't be much longer!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts