Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend had the brilliant idea to switch bikes. he rides a suzuki bandit and i have a V-star 1100 classic. before we took off we agreed that if anything was to happen no one would get mad.
Mind you i have never ridden a sport bike before so i tried to make a right a little bit too fast and fell. first bike accident and all i can say is that it hurts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had to take my Daughter in laws Ninja to her house for her about a 1/2 mile away and it is not for me at all. Sport bikes will never be owned by me!

·
Super Moderator
6,407 Posts
Ouch! So sorry this happened to you. Here's hoping you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my buddy was laughing his ass off. we agreed on a no fault type of deal but i felt bad seeing the bike trashed we agreed that we each were gonna pay half of the $1500 that is gonna cost to fix the bike. I believe in Karma and i like to think that if he would've crashed my bike he would've done the same.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
probab

the difference in the rake angle is what you weren't ready for, sport bikes have steep fork angles which make them overly responsive and twitchy for me, when i was younger i liked an overly responsive bike but now in my 50s can't handle a sport bike like i used to. i mellowed out over the years so i switched to an under powered mellow bike that doesn't have the horse power to hurt itself or me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts