Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas, I'm sold on the idea of a magnetic plug but when I go to the goldplug website and enter my bike (2012 950 VStar) it gives me a 14mm. I know mine is 17mm, anyone else run into this? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
87 Posts
OH. Well, now I feel like kind of a dumbass but...that makes sense. Thanks for the answer.
imho, NOT ASKING about something that doesn't make sense to you would make you a "dumbass". asking for clarification makes you pretty sharp in my book.

PLUS, seeing this thread reminded me i need to get a Gold Plug for my 1300.
THANKS FOR THAT!

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imho, NOT ASKING about something that doesn't make sense to you would make you a "dumbass". asking for clarification makes you pretty sharp in my book.

PLUS, seeing this thread reminded me i need to get a Gold Plug for my 1300.
THANKS FOR THAT!
Well, then...glad I could help! :grin:

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
OH. Well, now I feel like kind of a dumbass but...that makes sense. Thanks for the answer.
a lot of people mistake the socket or wrench size for the bolt diameter and there are some speciality bolts where you'll find a really big difference between the two, i always thought a 3/8 bolt needed a 9/16 socket but i'v come across 3/8 bolts with 5/8 heads and some farm equipment uses strange fractional sizes like 23/64 bolts and there are sockets made to fit them too, my father had some old sockets with odd fractional sizes, i use them on stripped heads sometimes because they were 6 point

1 - 6 of 6 Posts