Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin as you can already see the people here is what makes this forum so nice. I love the looks of your bike it is gorgeous! I have an 01 1100 my self and absolutely love it. Hope you get it back on the road soon it is time to ride. I also hear that the boots that are cracked they are multi layered and probably don't leak. You can use a UNLIT propane torch and spray propane and see if the idle goes up. I don't know if Les' info covered but don't ever use the throttle to start it. You can ruin your starter clutch.Stop by often

·
Registered
2008 v star 1300 & 2008 v star 250
238 Posts
Welcome from Waterdown Ont.
Try posting your carb questions in the v star section for a greater response. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the 1100.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,652 Posts
Oil should not be there. The only think I can think of you are experiencing oil misting blow by from the engine via the breather tube, it's condensing in air box and being sucked into carb. If you overfill your oil just a little this will happen. Take your seat off. Open top of air box, it's a half dozen screws to get off. See if oil is puddled in there. If so, clean out. It's no big deal. Now check your oil, is it High? If not the previous owner could have run for a while overfilled, the oil got sucked into air box, it will stay there for a long time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Oil should not be there. The only think I can think of you are experiencing oil misting blow by from the engine via the breather tube, it's condensing in air box and being sucked into carb. If you overfill your oil just a little this will happen. Take your seat off. Open top of air box, it's a half dozen screws to get off. See if oil is puddled in there. If so, clean out. It's no big deal. Now check your oil, is it High? If not the previous owner could have run for a while overfilled, the oil got sucked into air box, it will stay there for a long time.
I am still waiting on jets from a bike shop so I can put the carbs back together. I just pulled the 2nd one apart tonight and saw that and was a bit worried. I am doing a pod kit..few k and n filters and an auto breather filter so I hope the pods eliminates that from happening in the future.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
7,652 Posts
I am still waiting on jets from a bike shop so I can put the carbs back together. I just pulled the 2nd one apart tonight and saw that and was a bit worried. I am doing a pod kit..few k and n filters and an auto breather filter so I hope the pods eliminates that from happening in the future.
You going 150s and staying with the 17.5s? I ended up a tad over 3 turns on the PSMs, each bike is a little different but that should put you very close.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts