Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, just saying hello before I start asking questions.

I have a 2001 vstar 1100 classic. I have had the bike since 2011, love it to pieces, and drove it across all of Canada and most of the US. I've neglected it over the years (I know, shame on me) but it has never let me down. I think she's done with long distance trips now, and I'm in the process of doing a complete overhaul, turning it in to a bobber, and turning it in to my sunday driver/show piece. She deserves a comfortable retirement!

I have some mechanical experience and am mechanically inclined, but I'll be snooping around for inspiration and to ask questions to the more experiences guys in here. Looking forward to it!

Cheers
Nic

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,470 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Have fun making it your own. Ride often and safe.

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes, Nic. Sounds like your 1100 treated you well over the years. Happy to see you're giving it a nice retirement. Got my 1100 last fall and so far it's been a great bike. Hope it lasts like yours did. Post some pics when you can!

·
Super Moderator
6,410 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nic. We have several members with bobber projects and I'm sure they'll chime in. I even have one that's temporarily on hold. Share some pics and ideas with us and we'll help you along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hey there Nic glad you joined the forum. Lots of ideas and information on this forum. Sounds like you have covered lots of kilometers over the years??? Share some pictures with us. Always interesting to see different rides! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey there Nic glad you joined the forum. Lots of ideas and information on this forum. Sounds like you have covered lots of kilometers over the years??? Share some pictures with us. Always interesting to see different rides! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV
50,000 since I got it and it was parked for 2 years so I did a decent amount (we only have a 3-4 month a year riding season up here)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts