Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new bike now even lowered woot

Just sold my Vstar 1100 and bought a Roadie today for 3k. Its a 2000 with 21k miles. Wondering if I paid to much or not while also glad to upgrade from my vstar. Rides a bit different but think I can get used to it.

Only thing that im aware of is back firing. But after reading the records of work done on it I believe it may be due to the 172 jet that was installed for no apparent reason since it only has pipes.... What i have read is it should still have the 165 in it. So should i rejet or would installing a bak utilize this jet? Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I would be happy with that deal. I've been thinking/looking at trading up for a long time but procrastinating seems to have taken priority at this time :(

Sorry I can't help with the jetting issue. I'm not familiar enough with the R* to offer a competent opinion.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice looking bike!

Check out the Road Star Clinic forum (Google it) and you'll have an answer before you finish typing & hit submit!

Sent from my LG Motion

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds like a good price. I just bought a 2005 Road Star Silverado(7500 miles)for $5400. Just wish I was getting more lookers for my 1100 Silverado. Two bikes in the garage makes my wife a bit tense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear ya Mo. My wife made me sell first of course. Sold the Vstar with 14000 miles for $2900 which means I only had to put $100 bucks to get this one. They were asking $3500.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts