Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Retired IT guy, rode for 25 years, moved back to this area and after 3 commutes from Alex, VA to Baltimore, quit riding. 2 Years later sold the bike as I had but less than 200 miles on it. Moved to MD gave up my motorcycle endorsement. 25 years later I have retired, bought an 04 V-star 650 Custom Silverado, that now sits waiting for me to do the safety course in March.

Over the years I have ridden a lot of bikes, just never a Yamaha. I am here to learn all I can.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome back into the fold:D You done a fine job going the Yamaha route, I think:) One fine bike! Lots of really fine folks here to do all they are able to do for you (yeah, even you bevo;))

Have fun with and enjoy your new ride:)

Ride Safe, Live Long:cool:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum. This is a great place with lots of folks that can help. You will enjoy the MSF course. I took it in December and not only did I learn a lot, but it was really fun with plenty of time on the bike!

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the gang. Since no one mentioned it; posting pics is a great way to get Yamy points :). I to am part of the gang that took some time off from riding and I also took the MSF course. Best move Ive done.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up. (in the garage for now though :D )

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M, no riding since the late 80's - Welcome back!! Yamaha Cruisers have come a long way since the old 535 Virago days, though they were V-Twin. Enjoy:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome, I got a great deal on it, because the previous owner laid it down in the rain (2 bald tires probably didn't help). Knocked a road light off. I fixed that and replaced the bulbs in both lights as they were not working. Still have an issue with the right side turn signal. I get it working, put the cover on and it short flashes on the running light instead of the signal element. Right side floor board mount is bent. I have to straighten that out as well. Repair the bags on both sides. The rivets are pulled out of the bottom on the straps. Tires are on order and should be in next week. Clean his rain gear off the pipes where it laid on his leg. Wash and wax.

It has 14k on it so I am going to do a combination of the 12 and 16k service to include replacing all fluids, plugs. filters and valve adjustment. I have run seafoam through the system and don't think I will have to pull the carbs.

I have it on a bike lift down at my future son-in-laws shop so no pictures. However it looks just like this one, except it will have whitewalls.

Sorry I don't have an account on a photo site so I can't post at this time. I will try to get my avatar up. It looks just like my bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts