Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I believe I have provided pretty good details in my signature and profile. My first bike was a '74 CB500, purchased in 1980 while living in S. Fla, Ft Myers. Since then, I have owned one Kawasaki Vulcan, 1988(?), 88/1500, and then only Stars/Tuning Forks. My most recent acquisition is the SVTC - I have been on a '04 Road Star, purchase new, out of the box, and did the same with this Venture. I was very close to buying a Wing, I could taste it; then the new wing and Venture were announced, so I cooled my jets and waited, then test drove, then took the plunge after another round of test drives at Laconia, which I visited with my Star Dealer.
I ride with a passenger, my wife, and also my daughter, (Mint, '97 Virago 750, her second bike) and son, ('02 Warrior, but looking at my heavily accessorized Road Star). We also have three Yamaha quads which we use for work around the house/"farm", for maple sugar season, trail riding, etc.

Happy Independence Day!
God Bless America.
Live Free Or Die trying...

That's me!
Rich

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
"anything worthwhile takes a little time,

keep up the fire!..."

you having a Road Star, and then buying a new Venture, is quite a testimony for the new bike

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Hi Rich!
Welcome from East Tennessee. With all the Yammys you guys own, you have us drooling for pics! Please share some pics with us and happy 4th!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I took several years to turn the basic Road* into a full touring bike: cordura soft bags, then the Silverado hard bags, Star windshield, then full fairing from Wide Open Custom....went through three passenger pillions-ouch!
It took just a couple minutes for my son to strip her down to the solo-cruiser he wants...then he put the fairing back on! I guess he decided music is cool, too. Lol.
It's only got 30-something-thousand on it - it'll go a lot longer if he takes care of like I did....oh boy....he's 25; we'll see...
I did not hesitate to trade-in the Royal* for the new Road*, but there was no way I was trading the Roadie - wife says, "How many bikes can you ride?"
Daughter: "...and who thinks you only need one fishing rod, or one gun? 'nuff said!"
Damn straight ;-)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like having the problem of which gun to hunt with or how deep in the Skeeter rod storage to dig. The best thing i did to fill the gun locker was got my wife to like shooting!
:grin:

I might have to "borrow" your signature line (I ain't lost...) - I think it would look good on my truck, my bike.... recalls a great RSTD memory every time I see it.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
:grin:

I might have to "borrow" your signature line (I ain't lost...) - I think it would look good on my truck, my bike.... recalls a great RSTD memory every time I see it.
Not a problem have ater.
It is a state of my mind. In my truck straight line between point a and point b.
One the bike it is where i end up. One time on my bike i was about 40 miles from home on the bike. I told my wife i better get to somewhere i know where i know it is getting dark and i don't know where i am. On the bike i will take any road to see where it goes.

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
^ when people ask me how I like my Vstar: It gets me from A to Z

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We were...somewhere...in the Adirondacks; probably on our second or third overnight/weekend trip on our new V4 RSTD. I switched to reserve, or the reserve light came on, and we were an hour from the last fuel possible, and headed to who knows where...did we have Garmin/GPS back then? I didn't own one - there were back roads, dirt roads and closed road or two....
"We're lost...you better find gas soon" was being repeated from the rear pillion. Suddenly, there's a gas station! I duck in and fill'er up. The attendant is all excited because he also has a Royal Star... When she's finally full, he looks at me and laughs, "I think you used the reserve AND drained all the lines..."

Wife - "Well....now we can be "lost" for another two hours....
Whoo hoo! Another win!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Glad you joined us. Ride often and safe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts