Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I only have a bit over 100 miles on it, I am SO loving this bike. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Power, comfort, looks, quality, style, storage. I know the new-ness will wear off, but DAMMMMM. Just wanted to share :D

·
Registered
138 Posts
I've finally been able to take mine out the last couple weeks and just love the thing! I'd never even ridden a cruiser before and just love it. The position is the most comfortable for me.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Although I only have a bit over 100 miles on it, I am SO loving this bike. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Power, comfort, looks, quality, style, storage. I know the new-ness will wear off, but DAMMMMM. Just wanted to share :D
Cheer up: after a few more miles you'll have begun to really appreciate it, and your enthusiasm level will rise accordingly:D:D:D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I just tucked mine away for the impending colder weather last night...had the chance to get about 1800 miles on it since I picked it up this fall. I love it. A few little tweaks over the winter, and she'll be the way I want her. Now, to wait until March. Sigh.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Upgrade ???

I'm way past my normal trade-in period for a motorcycle. I have a 2006 Stratoliner S I bought used in October 2006. I traded in a 2001 Roadstar Silverado (actually sold it because trade-in value was less than 1/2 what I could sell it for). The thing is, I haven't the foggiest idea what I would want in replacement -- another Stratoliner S (why, except for a minor cosmetic change to the tank trim in the 2012 version, it is identical to my 2006.). The only other bike out there that even comes close to being interesting is the Victory Cross Country, but its engine is not even close to my Stratoliner.

Oh well, I guess its time to see if I can get to 100,000 miles on a motorcycle (47,000 miles now and no real repair work -- I got no value out of the 4 year extended warranty ).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Ha, Ha, that feeling never goes away

I thought the newness would wear off and it would become just another bike. so far 3 seasons and 33,000 mi and every time i get on it i get wood. i wish i could drive year round here in Minnesota. rode yesterday it was 43 deg F. 33 deg when i came out of the bar (thank god for Gerbing heated jacket liners, best thing i ever bought besides the bike). My bike loves that cold dense air and will easily break the back tire loose on the cold pavement. you have to be a little careful this time of the year. I ride with a buddy that has a HD Roadglide that is highly modified both engine and body work. I like my Strat S better. it is the king. like getting on a wild stallion that will only allow you to ride it. it is your ride. your battle attack war ship. your girlie pick up machine. women are naturally drawn to bright shiny things like jewelry and chrome. so yeah, i love my bike and god have pitty on the fool who thinks they can run against me. well unless they have another Liner. I hope you keep enjoying your ride for a long time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts