Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all heard the bad things that happen to people riding. I want to hear some of the good stories.

I was riding yesterday and was accepted into "The Club" I got the low hand wave from another bike while riding... Yes I am a little nerdy about the bike right now having so much fun with it.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My very first year of riding was when I was 19 years old. I bought a 1984 Yamaha Special 450, (think that's what it was).

One day I thought I would ride it up the mountain near my house, only 15 minute ride. And... my shifter lever fell off.

A huge dude with one leg on a trike pulled over for me. His name was Gonzo, and he helped me get my shifter back on with some tools he had.

That's when I knew bikers are the nicest people.

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts
one of the best rides i've ever had was while cruising through some canyons in west Austin at sunrise while coming down from a night of mushrooms. it was euphoria times 10. i felt like that guy from Field Of Dreams asking if it was Heaven.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Took the wife for her first ride on the bike today. We did 59 miles. She told me I gotta get a new seat for her.. lol Oh damn twist my arm. Already been looking at the Mustang seat. :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
My wife and I met on the internet. First thing I asked her was "how do you feel about motorcycles?". She said "I've never been on one" so I took her for a ride and she loved it. That sealed the deal right there. We just celebrated 10 years married and 12 years riding..

·
Registered
92 Posts
My daughter and my son-in-law decided to get their motorcycle licenses after listening to me talk about how much I enjoy riding, and even though they have sportbikes [I'm going to use my Jedi mind trick to get them on cruisers within the next few years], we've been out riding a few times and it's been a great joy for me! My son wants to get a bike also, and he just got married a few months ago so I have to wait till next year for him. I'll have my own MC club soon!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts