Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sold the 650 Vstar over the weekend. :( sad to see it go. I liked that bike and put over 40 000 km on it in the 3 years i had it. I will be getting a new bike in the spring. Its looking like I will be staying with Yamaha but getting the FJ 09.

Thanks you to all the people on this forum. Lots of help with the little things with my bike. Hopefully the FJ 09 Forum is the same.

Dave

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If I could of afforded to keep my FZ6 and still get my V Star 950, I probably would. But then I probably would trade the FZ6 for the FJ-09. That is a sweet bike. Sweet engine. I test rode the new XSR900, with that same triple engine, and it was sweet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i would have loved to keep the 650. but here in Ontario we would have to pay full insurance on both bikes. and its expensive as hell to insure bike here.

Keith. I will still be looking into this forum. I may still be able to help people out once and a while.

·
Super Moderator
6,373 Posts
Cool, please share a write up on the FJ if you don't mind. Glad you'll still visit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Did you test ride the FZ-09? I like the seating position better on the FZ-07, which I see is the bike you went with.

I was lucky enough to test ride the XSR-900, and then the FZ-07. I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the demo I rode, because the 07 seemed like it had absolutely no mid-range power. I'd like to test ride it again this year, just to satisfy my curiosity. I do like the riding position on the 07.

Do you like the power it delivers?

Congratulations.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Worty hope you will join us often. We are always grateful for the knowledge of experienced members and their help. That is a great looking ride you've purchased. Looks like lots of fun for you! Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you test ride the FZ-09? I like the seating position better on the FZ-07, which I see is the bike you went with.

I was lucky enough to test ride the XSR-900, and then the FZ-07. I'm not sure if there was something wrong with the demo I rode, because the 07 seemed like it had absolutely no mid-range power. I'd like to test ride it again this year, just to satisfy my curiosity. I do like the riding position on the 07.

Do you like the power it delivers?

Congratulations.
I sat on the FZ-09 and liked it. I just liked the fz-07 better. The bike has all the power I need. I haven't even tried mine yet. Still has 0 km on it but i did test drive one in the fall. I felt like it had enough power all over for me. I wonder if they tuned the one you tried down a bit. Fell in LOVE with the bike...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts