Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

I took my gopro out for my first-ever street ride yesterday (Currently editing the video because I left my supervisor behind so many times lol), but I noticed midway through the last couple videos that the casing had gotten fog inside of it due to it being mounted to my chest (I run extremely hot for some reason).

I don't want to mount it on my helmet as it is still under warranty.
Is there such a thing as an anti-fog insert for the gopro? One that isn't a rip off? Maybe a home remedy?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Which back do you have onyour case? I have one also and I got caught in rain once or twice and never had fogging issues. Mind you I had the waterproof back on. One other thing. You say that you don't want to mount it on your helmet because it's still under warranty. Not sure I follow you there. If it breaks you get free repair or whatever Gopro considers free repair ;).

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which back do you have onyour case? I have one also and I got caught in rain once or twice and never had fogging issues. Mind you I had the waterproof back on. One other thing. You say that you don't want to mount it on your helmet because it's still under warranty. Not sure I follow you there. If it breaks you get free repair or whatever Gopro considers free repair ;).
The helmet warranty is void if tampered with (can't return it with a mount on it :p)
I was using the waterproof backing that is made for the battery backpack.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine came with a strap that just goes over your helmet without modding it. the strap has a buckle for a gopro case.
Yeah, that's the "vented helmet strap".
I have a new HJC helmet - while it IS vented - it also has the little metal grates in the vents. I would prefer not to muck around with it since it is new.
That accessory is great though if you can use it with your lid!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts