Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully next summer. I've got a lot of work ahead of me . I'm going with a rigid tail and for the most part the frame will be done aside from some sand blasting and cutting off some un needed brackets. a lot of the other stuff will get powdercoated . Getting the motor done will be the expensive and lengthy part.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Sandblasting?! :eek: Don't tell me you're going to ruin that beautiful paint job!!

Looks like you'll have some fun this winter, though. Congrats on the find.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
yep I haven't ever seen one like it and its pretty sweet. It actually looks like a home built piece which makes it even cooler.
I believe that was the European equivalent to our springers. Look up some of the old Nortons.

You keeping your Yamaha? ...or you going HD and leaving this great forum?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe that was the European equivalent to our springers. Look up some of the old Nortons.

You keeping your Yamaha? ...or you going HD and leaving this great forum?
I won't get rid of my liner till it dies on me. I may make the switch to HD someday, not because they are that much superior , but the touring bikes have a lot of the options I want. The Yamaha venture is still carburated with a tape player. Yamaha is going to have to step it up on their touring bikes if they want me to stay.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I won't get rid of my liner till it dies on me. I may make the switch to HD someday, not because they are that much superior , but the touring bikes have a lot of the options I want. The Yamaha venture is still carburated with a tape player. Yamaha is going to have to step it up on their touring bikes if they want me to stay.
I remember buying 8-Tracs at the swap meet:D

I know what you mean...i love the looks of the Street Glides and Road Kings. I love the reliability and affordablility more so i'm with Yamaha

Now i feel guilty....:(

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Yes, looks like a direct bolt on and no raking out of the frame's neck. So I guess that means you can go back to a stock set of forks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think he did the burnout with his liner. It wasn't too long ago he put up a short video of that derelic event.
And soon there may be another of those derelict videos , back tire is about spent so time to cook it off and get a new one.. The next video may be a little cooler, i am going to see just how long of a patch i can lay down. I know I am immature, but I am mature because I can admit it.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man that is a diamond in the ruff.

Congrats looking forward to progress reports.
I have a thing for springers that bike is gona be killer.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Since the thread is almost a year old, yeah, where's the beef?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts