Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
2,503 Posts
Congrats! Love the color!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks. Now it’s a waiting game to ride it.
Congrats! Spend the down time getting super familiar with the electronics, there is a lot in there! Also, practice using the handlebar mounted controls with your riding gloves on. Those little buttons almost disappear when you're gloved up (but you'll get used to it).

-Tinker

is that a steam launch rail on the garage floor that propels the bike out of the garage at 140mph?

·
Registered
31 Posts
View attachment 91327
Had to trailer it home but it’s nice and snuggly warm in the shop.
Congrats on the new ride.
Good advise you got on learning electronics.
I would also recommend a detailed inspection looking for missing fasteners. The cowls and other fairing components use alot of fasteners. I found four different ones missing after dealer preparation.
Double check belt tension and rear wheel alignment.
Some folks also needed to clean and put silicone grease in CB cable connectors.
Better to square it all away now so ride time won't be wasted later.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
View attachment 91327
Had to trailer it home but it’s nice and snuggly warm in the shop.
Awesome! Congrats on the bike. You are gonna LOVE it!
Remember that the manual on the infotainment system is 118 pages. Take the time while sitting there to go through all the functions, get your settings where you want so you don’t have to try and figure it out in the fly.
You did get the headsets with it right? I ask because, the stereo sounds great as it is in external speakers, but when you have it on low in your helmet at the same time the surround experience is INCREDIBLE!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,458 Posts
Putting some 3m synthetic wax on all the painted surfaces today to learn all of her curves.
If you need some practice before you dive head first on yours, I've got a nice dirty bike you can practice on. 🙂🙃

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks all. You all might think this is weird but I have the bike strapped down in my shop with the front wheel against the back of my car hoist so it is sitting straight up and getting some seat time. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks all. You all might think this is weird but I have the bike strapped down in my shop with the front wheel against the back of my car hoist so it is sitting straight up and getting some seat time. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

Nope, not weird at all. Good way to get familiar with the controls and adjust them to you.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
There is no weird way to enjoy your bike, if there was i would have found it.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
If you need to adjust the handlebar position, lay a THICK towel down on the tank FIRST.
Loosen one side up and then hold the bars while loosening the other just loose enough that you can move it with a little pull.
I’d heard of someone who loosened them a little too much without a hand on them OR tank protection and ended up denting their tank.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts