Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Thanks all. You all might think this is weird but I have the bike strapped down in my shop with the front wheel against the back of my car hoist so it is sitting straight up and getting some seat time. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.
If you need to adjust the handlebar position, lay a THICK towel down on the tank FIRST.
Loosen one side up and then hold the bars while loosening the other just loose enough that you can move it with a little pull.
I’d heard of someone who loosened them a little too much without a hand on them OR tank protection and ended up denting their tank.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
That is some helpful advice about covering up the tank. Whoever set the bike up at the dealer did a great job, I haven’t found anything wrong with it and the bars are set so my arms are straight out level with my shoulders. Once I can get out and ride it I will know how it feels instead of just sitting on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought the identical bike last June (2020 Venture in the same color). Extremely pleased with the bike and its performance. Anxious for spring to come so I can put some more kilometers on it (over 11,000 kms so far). Already did one five day trip and one nine day trip and it ran great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is some helpful advice about covering up the tank. Whoever set the bike up at the dealer did a great job, I haven’t found anything wrong with it and the bars are set so my arms are straight out level with my shoulders. Once I can get out and ride it I will know how it feels instead of just sitting on it.
--

Wow! That would kill me if I had to ride all day with my arms out straight in front of me. Not only is it not a natural way to sit, but every time you need to turn the bars any way, you have to bend your body forward and back. To me a comfortable position is with arms down more to my side and hands about level with my waist. I know one doesn't use the bar movement much when on the road, but slower traveling will.

On an ATV with the lower position it means you can steer with your arms and not with your back.

--

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Well I am just go to have to wait and see when it warms up how uncomfortable it is. I am coming off a 15 Honda f6b and the bars were definitely too low on that bike.

·
2,503 Posts
A little bend in the elbows makes for a more comfortable ride on a cruiser. I was fairly comfortable on my 1100 but I added a set of risers and it made it much better.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Very NIce! The best color too. Hopefully I will get to own one one day in the future. Fro now I am enjoying my 07 Venture and 08 Stratoliner. Maybe one day though

21 - 31 of 31 Posts