Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, couldn't resist that pun. I hope Frankie Avalon will forgive me;)

I'd just like to hear back on what everyone is using oil wise and why. Strictly out of curiosity.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use AMSOIL Racing Grease in almost everything.

I need to do the front bearings on the truck I just bought and will also use it on the steering and suspension components.

The Best isn't cheap
Cheap isn't The Best

Bob

·
Registered
170 Posts
you asked

Castrol Power RS V–Twin 4T , Castrol Power RS V-Twin with Trizone Technology is a full synthetic 4-stroke motorcycle oil exclusively designed for modern V-Twin engines, transmissions, & primary chaincases. It has been engineered and tested for performance in Harley- Davidson® motorcycles.

BENEFITS

Full synthetic 4-stroke motorcycle oil
Provides excellent protection against thermal and viscosity breakdown under high temperatures generated by air-cooled V-Twin engines
Delivers proven wet clutch performance allowing for smooth operation & protection
Suitable for all Japanese & North American 4-stroke motorcycles where SAE 20W-50 is recommended

SPECIFICATIONS
API SERVICE: Exceeds API SL
JASO (T903): JASO MA-2
VISCOSITY: SAE 20W-50
Cycle Gear carries it.
http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9021705&contentId=7040548

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I use mobil 15/40 super 1300 {it's a diesel oil} It has everything a big v-twin needs that has the transmission part of the engine.Also seems to help the valve train noise when hot going down the hwy.I have also used castrol 20/50 which worked great.Just wanted to try something else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts