Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary yesterday. Having taken the day off I asked her what she wanted to do. She said a bike ride would be nice. Our first date was on a motorcycle. So to make the wife happy I said sure (you see my big smile). Then I asked her where to. She said we could go to Waco to see the Magnolia Farm store from the TV show Fixer Up, swing down to Austin to eat at a BBQ place she wanted to try. See I commute daily and we don't do much together on the bike anymore because there is always hauling something home, grandkid stuff or something like that. So I get the map out and see how many side roads I could take. We leave home in Houston at 9am, make our big circle around and get back home at 8pm. Total of 402 miles. Weather was great and bluebonnets in bloom. I know its tough to make the wife happy sometimes but this time it was easy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Congrats on your 30th!! Sounds like a great time for both of you! I am sure you both will have fond memories of this!

Bill

·
Registered
296 Posts
Happy 30th Anniversary to you both! What a super way for you to enjoy quality time together...and thanks for sharing that experience with us. YammyV

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wanted to say thanks for the replies. The wife even posted on Facebook how great of a day she had. She is now planning our next ride. I bought her an uclear 100 plus to match mine that I have been using for years. She really enjoyed the tunes and being able to talk to me. My son even called me and asked we were on the bike. I asked him why and he said mom was texting him. Guess that shows she was comfortable. I did find out that with cobra slash cuts above 70 conversation was difficult.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts