Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"Hey Gar...about me calling today, Yamaha Canada, (to find out about the ISO download file on the Yamaha Canada SVTC site) and then my dealer to verify...(I want this Yamaha B.S. FREE!!!!)" The conversation quickly ended on that topic, and morphed to the following: (!!!!):love:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story 'bout a man named, Jed"....

Well, Gar, I just got off the phone with both Yamaha Canada, AND, my selling dealer to 'double tap' the truth of following information:

1...This is FRONT PAGE NEWS!---- From Yamaha Canada (and I suppose in tandem with Yamaha U.S.A.)....we are EITHER getting for all 2018 year SVTC owners, AT NO COST TO THE OWNER....a complete MAJOR system-level and (possibly hardware module) re-do of the 2018 model year Yamaha Star Venture T.C.

Here's the 'skinny'....they HAVE the 'solution' (word used by the Toronto Yamaha Rep) in house. Due to Covid 19 over the last two years, they have not had the in-house and Harmon-Kardon support they needed to finish the project, but are testing right now in their facilities in Japan. I asked if it was software or hardware (modules...the modules behind the right fairing cover...) or both. The Yamaha Rep could NOT divulge to me, as he was not authorized by the factory (Yamaha Japan) to give out that information, as because it was in test mode, something could still be added, deleted, reworked, recalled, and/or additional module modifications, or not, could happen. They are at that quality assurance and burn in stage.

But..he said, that YOU, AND ALL OTHER 2018 YAMAHA STAR VENTURE OWNERS ARE GOING TO NEED TO GO TO THE DEALER, FOR THIS UPDATE AND/OR MODIFICATION. Gar...that you have to go to your selling DEALER...highly suggests that it is not merely an ISO download, or that because of the total replacement, that the software is too huge, or...that it must be a dealer level install to guarantee that the owner will not, or was not responsible for BORKING his/her, her/his bike...with no way to return to running service, unless full module replacement. This will NOT be available as a download ISO file!!!

I then called the owner of my selling dealer...and he gave WAY more information, as they have also been notified, and in consultation with Yamaha Canada.

Here's what he JUST TOLD ME!:

"Joe...very happy to report to you, and I'm sorry that I had not called you two weeks ago...we have been swamped...but that aside, with apologies The GPS has been totally reworked, and fixed...they say, (Yamaha I assume the 'they' is...) you folks will love the new GPS, and other concerns have been also addressed. Also there might be added after year launch additional features." He alluded to, but could not say directly.

I asked him if it were true that you have to book an appointment with your dealer...for this is not-owner installed, and he said: "Yep...that is necessary as we were told only that it was going to be a large overhaul, and might include RE and RE of system parts and modules, therefore requiring the owners to book into their dealers. This can not be done at home, by the owner."

He told me, that he has repeatedly told them...that what was the current state of affairs with 2018 release year owners, his words to Yamaha( "is...total B.S.! They paid $32,000 dollars CDN, and you gave them a dime store software release. He said that why did they not just go with Garmin, instead of looking for the cheapest way out? That's what he said he told them repeatedly, and that he was caught in the middle between a rock and a hard place taking complaints...and not being able to remedy them for almost three years.

So, while my dealer still does not know whether it is to be only a software installation, or a software and hardware module installation on the 2018 SVTC, it will need to be done at your dealer and most dealers he talked with, agree that it is pretty much pointing to a not only software rewrite, but the modules on the computer board that the software will control/speak to... So Gar....it's taken a three year journey in the SVTC Ark...before we will settle down upon Mount Yamaha, but...it is coming probably within two months (my time suggestion) as it still is being burnt in by Yamaha Japan. This, my dealer said, is not WISH WARE...they have the 'solution' (code for software, hardware, or both) but it will turn our rides, into friggin' Grand Tour perfection...and when it lands...so will the climb of re-acquired resale retention equity.

I'm sure there will be a ton of YouTube 'after installs' stating that this is so much better, this has been fixed...'that' now makes the bike even a better touring platform, but I'll bet you one thing...that Yamaha is going (with the use of this update) going to try and recoup and repair the damage of their botched 2018 SVTC launch....and gain traction on Honda....and if they produce a perfectly working (as intended) SVTC...CB and all...it will be a sure slap across Honda chops for sure! Final thing, the dealer said that the rep told him they WORKED IN OTHER FEATURES as they could with a total rewrite. Dang! I think...if I were Yamaha, and had to to this...that I would make the Yamaha SVTC even MORE noted as non Harley, or Honda wannabe/clone. With a total rewrite..(for remember...if you add modules, and the software to run them...you can add ANYTHING to the SVTC...for being totally software driven, any feature (with supporting module) can be written in.... Gar....good times ahead....and I think there will be one chap...THAT WILL BE KICKING HIMSELF, THAT HE TRADED IN HIS SVTC FOR 'ANOTHER RIDE'.... In one of the songs made famous by the late, King of the Blues, Mr. B.B. King himself-----singing----->... "..it seems, you might have made your move, too soon!"....

No more...the empty check's in the mail, Gar...my dealer was told, it is no longer vaporware,...they 'have' the 'solution' for the 2018 SVTC model year...IN JAPAN...and are at the install and test stage....

A few more weeks of patience. I already told my dealer...that I want to be booked in SOONER, than later....before the 2018 re-do stampede happens....

You might want to contact your dealer...and see what's up with the above info...on your side of the border...

Yeeee Haw! (BTW, my wife had to come into the Den), to find out what I was hollering in happy 'naughty sound-bytes' over...and got excited herself, when hearing the news. She sure hopes that they got the Intercom/C.B. connection...DICSONNECTED.....and I sure hope so too. We always love to talk to the Knights of the long Mile..., when out during the night...to stay sharp, and enjoy the three-way conversation. We did that all the time on our 2000 Honda GL-1500 (which had O.E.M Citizen's Band Radio).

Joe (doing the Irish Happy Dance)...

Post Edit, Oh, BTW Gar, my dealer also told, me that they were advised by Yamaha Canada, to have me come in, and THEY would reprogram my FOB, as that (by his discussion with the Yamaha Service Rep, would be the solution for a 'wavering' FOB bike connection intermittent 'problem' before they will replace the FOB hardware itself. So that is getting done mid July....

·
Registered
'18 SVTC
106 Posts
I just plopped down $500+ for a Garmin Zumo XT, so it would be completely within my "normal" for Yama to fix the GPS on my '18 and render my new purchased unnecessary.

Nah, I won't believe it until I see it. :unsure: :sneaky::rolleyes:

Lovin' that Zumo right now.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just plopped down $500+ for a Garmin Zumo XT, so it would be completely within my "normal" for Yama to fix the GPS on my '18 and render my new purchased unnecessary.

Nah, I won't believe it until I see it. :unsure: :sneaky::rolleyes:

Lovin' that Zumo right now.
So your expenditure all but guarantees it, lol! All kidding aside, the Dealers in Canada were told this is coming and coming soon...to be prepared in their shops...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Overall good news. Hoping it also applies to my Eluder GT, since that's the same kit.
Since we were only talking about the SVTC (both my chat with Yamaha Canada (Toronto) and my selling Dealer, ...I can't tell you for sure...but a phone call to your selling dealer might be able to give you a head's up.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Overall good news. Hoping it also applies to my Eluder GT, since that's the same kit.
Bud, your rig would have to have all the software and hardware features of the T.C. model....CB...Intercom, Satellite Radio, etc. You would figure that this update is model specific...as our C.B. radio linked to the Intercom was a HUGE beef amongst the T.C. crowd...and they heard that...

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
"Hey Gar...about me calling today, Yamaha Canada, and then my dealer to verify...(I want this Yamaha B.S. FREE!!!!)"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Story 'bout a man named, Jed"....

Well, Gar, I just got off the phone with both Yamaha Canada, AND, my selling dealer to 'double tap' the truth of following information:

1...This is FRONT PAGE NEWS!---- From Yamaha Canada (and I suppose in tandem with Yamaha U.S.A.)....we are EITHER getting for all 2018 year SVTC owners, AT NO COST TO THE OWNER....a complete MAJOR system-level and (possibly hardware module) re-do of the 2018 model year Yamaha Star Venture T.C.

Here's the 'skinny'....they HAVE the solution in house. Due to Covid 19 over the last two years, they have not had the in-house and Harmon-Kardon support they needed to finish the project, but are testing right now in their facilities in Japan. I asked if it was software or hardware (modules...the modules behind the right fairing cover...) or both. The Yamaha Rep could NOT divulge to me, as he was not authorized by the factory (Yamaha Japan) to give out that information, as because it was in test mode, something could still be added, deleted, reworked, recalled, and/or additional module modifications, or not, could happen. They are at that quality assurance and burn in stage.

But..he said, that YOU, AND ALL OTHER 2018 YAMAHA STAR VENTURE OWNERS ARE GOING TO NEED TO GO TO THE DEALER, FOR THIS UPDATE AND/OR MODIFICATION. Gar...that you have to go to your selling DEALER...highly suggests that it is not merely an ISO download, or that because of the total replacement, that the software is too huge, or...that it must be a dealer level install to guarantee that the owner will not, or was not responsible for BORKING his/her, her/his bike...with no way to return to running service, unless full module replacement. This will NOT be available as a download ISO file!!!

I then called the owner of my selling dealer...and he gave WAY more information, as they have also been notified, and in consultation with Yamaha Canada.

Here's what he JUST TOLD ME!:

"Joe...very happy to report to you, and I'm sorry that I had not called you two weeks ago...we have been swamped...but that aside, with apologies The GPS has been totally reworked, and fixed...they say, (Yamaha I assume the 'they' is...) you folks will love the new GPS, and other concerns have been also addressed. Also there might be added after year launch additional features." He alluded to, but could not say directly.

I asked him if it were true that you have to book an appointment with your dealer...for this is not-owner installed, and he said: "Yep...that is necessary as we were told only that it was going to be a large overhaul, and might include RE and RE of system parts and modules, therefore requiring the owners to book into their dealers. This can not be done at home, by the owner."

He told me, that he has repeatedly told them...that what was the current state of affairs with 2018 release year owners, his words to Yamaha( "is...total B.S.! They paid $32,000 dollars CDN, and you gave them a dime store software release. He said that why did they not just go with Garmin, instead of looking for the cheapest way out? That's what he said he told them repeatedly, and that he was caught in the middle between a rock and a hard place taking complaints...and not being able to remedy them for almost three years.

So, while my dealer still does not know whether it is to be only a software installation, or a software and hardware module installation on the 2018 SVTC, it will need to be done at your dealer and most dealers he talked with, agree that it is pretty much pointing to a not only software rewrite, but the modules on the computer board that the software will control/speak to... So Gar....it's taken a three year journey in the SVTC Ark...before we will settle down upon Mount Yamaha, but...it is coming probably within two months (my time suggestion) as it still is being burnt in by Yamaha Japan. This, my dealer said, is not WISH WARE...they have the 'solution' (code for software, hardware, or both) but it will turn our rides, into friggin' Grand Tour perfection...and when it lands...so will the climb of re-acquired resale retention equity.

I'm sure there will be a ton of YouTube 'after installs' stating that this is so much better, this has been fixed...'that' now makes the bike even a better touring platform, but I'll bet you one thing...that Yamaha is going (with the use of this update) going to try and recoup and repair the damage of their botched 2018 SVTC launch....and gain traction on Honda....and if they produce a perfectly working (as intended) SVTC...CB and all...it will be a sure slap across Honda chops for sure! Final thing, the dealer said that the rep told him they WORKED IN OTHER FEATURES as they could with a total rewrite. Dang! I think...if I were Yamaha, and had to to this...that I would make the Yamaha SVTC even MORE noted as non Harley, or Honda wannabe/clone. With a total rewrite..(for remember...if you add modules, and the software to run them...you can add ANYTHING to the SVTC...for being totally software driven, any feature (with supporting module) can be written in.... Gar....good times ahead....and I think there will be one chap...THAT WILL BE KICKING HIMSELF, THAT HE TRADED IN HIS SVTC FOR 'ANOTHER RIDE'.... In one of the songs made famous by the late, King of the Blues, Mr. B.B. King himself-----singing----->... "..it seems, you might have made your move, too soon!"....

No more...the empty check's in the mail, Gar...my dealer was told, it is no longer vaporware,...they 'have' the 'solution' for the 2018 SVTC model year...IN JAPAN...and are at the install and test stage....

A few more weeks of patience. I already told my dealer...that I want to be booked in SOONER, than later....before the 2018 re-do stampede happens....

You might want to contact your dealer...and see what's up with the above info...on your side of the border...

Yeeee Haw! (BTW, my wife had to come into the Den), to find out what I was hollering in happy 'naughty sound-bytes' over...and got excited herself, when hearing the news. She sure hopes that they got the Intercom/C.B. connection...DICSONNECTED.....and I sure hope so too. We always love to talk to the Knights of the long Mile..., when out during the night...to stay sharp, and enjoy the three-way conversation. We did that all the time on our 2000 Honda GL-1500 (which had O.E.M Citizen's Band Radio).

Joe (doing the Irish Happy Dance)...

Post Edit, Oh, BTW Gar, my dealer also told, me that they were advised by Yamaha Canada, to have me come in, and THEY would reprogram my FOB, as that (by his discussion with the Yamaha Service Rep, would be the solution for a 'wavering' FOB bike connection intermittent 'problem' before they will replace the FOB hardware itself. So that is getting done mid July....
YPE. Great news. I will start Again to call my local dealer and Yamaha rep to find out more.
Great write up. Appreciate the help and feedback.
If this new whatever has many of the features that should have been standard with a generic gps system that alone will be awesome. I am really looking forward to actual hands free operation.
Anyway fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Even a few updates would be nice but if they can upgrade the whole unit and software, awesome.
Come on Yamaha!!!
Thanks again Joe.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have to be realistic. Any fix by Yamaha most likely will not include anything more than the capabilities included with the 2020 & 2021 bike models. And those platforms have a limited capability GPS with 2018 4th quarter maps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes, thank you for the great news and lengthy write-up, YPE.

I have only one question.... Who the hell is Gar? :-D

You have to be realistic. Any fix by Yamaha most likely will not include anything more than the capabilities included with the 2020 & 2021 bike models. And those platforms have a limited capability GPS with 2018 4th quarter maps.
I was wondering this myself. Do they not all have the same hardware as the 2018, just with that one new flash?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

I was wondering this myself. Do they not all have the same hardware as the 2018, just with that one new flash?
Gar would be me (GARider). The 2018 is a completely different manufacturer (Harman Kardon) 20/21 are Garmin. So for the 2018 models this a good. Many of have been calling and asking for updates. So hopefully this is the answer.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Gar would be me (GARider). The 2018 is a completely different manufacturer (Harman Kardon) 20/21 are Garmin. So for the 2018 models this a good. Many of have been calling and asking for updates. So hopefully this is the answer.
Fingers crossed.
That's interesting about the Nav difference. Aren't they both running the same maps / UI?
I have to admit, I've only seen my and one other Eluder. Have yet to see another Venture/Eluder, even on the road in my area.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Yes and no, (as I can see this going...) Bart. Since they 'have' to do something, and we had (2018 release) quite a few bugs...I can see Yamaha totally rewriting through Harmon Kardon, the software suite, and using our 2018 'redo/update' as the out-in-the-wild test bed. If our bikes (take and handle any new or muchly different modifications) have a successful 'redo' I can see them introducing the new features in the 2022 and on. I can certainly see that. It would cost them no more to do this...as this is totally necessary to fix the glaring problems they have let simmer for 3 years with the Launch Edition. This is my conjecture, and nothing was suggested to me at all, other than what I reported by a few 'wink-wink, nudge nudge' comments by mostly my dealer, in his speaking with Yamaha Canada, and other dealers regarding this coming 2018 update.

Manufacturers do (sometimes in our eyes, weird things), but...my dealer never was told by Yamaha Canada that this was the same update as seen on the 2021...but was told that 'they' meaning 2018 owners, were 'going to love the new GPS'. I can only think, that it will be substantially different from the merely 'tweaked' 2021 same 2018 GPS that the 2018 had. Not talking at this time with 'authority' but only speculative 'Sherlock * Holmes'.... Always hoping...and the fact that it will not be coming through the ISO download page channel...suggests highly to me, and to my dealer in fact, that this is also a software and hardware swap. I hope we find out sooner than later....as there has been so many false-start's of 'something's coming' from Yamaha, when asked by myself and other owners, over the past three years. This time, though..my dealer ALSO has been told by his Yamaha Canada contact, and told me, to prepare time for it! That..is a major difference that got me all hooping and hollering yesterday!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Fingers crossed.
Exactly Gar...and because our motorcycle is totally software (controlling) computer board modules....they can actually do ANYTHING they want...by only rewriting the Control Suite and the hardware 'head' it speaks/interacts with. The fact that my Dealer was told, and this is a quote: "Joe, [THEY]/Yamaha said that you folks are going to love the new GPS, blah, blah, suggests to me, that it is not the merely same 2020/2021 'tweaked' version of the release year 2018 GPS suite. I also think, (my thoughts only) that Yamaha could really make this a spectacular update, that will have us smooching the forums and YouTube with gushing WOW....new this...new that...works great... and the traction it would create for buzz on the brand, that was botched by them three years ago, on the dismal launch of their premier, most expensive MSRP, and Grand Tour model. If I were Yamaha...would I not take advantage of this opportunity to bring back the WOW comments and buzz coming into the 2022 and 2023 model year...and ESPECIALLY after the last two years of what C19 has done to sales and motorcycling in general. I guess we are forced to wait to see, if they do so.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Gar(rider) is a long-time, forum member and one of the very first 2018 SVTC owners, to rip up the South East....and he amongst a few of us...have always been very vocal of the 2018 software and hardware deficits since launch. I was in conversation with him, over a few topics of late, and was going to ask (actually, nothing about a dealer installed update) on Monday, what was going on with the Canadian ISO download, that has no warnings, or version number. That conversating quickly morphed in my speaking with a Yamaha Rep (Toronto, Canada based) to 'forget that'...THIS is what is coming to address your (owner of a 2018) software and hardware (C.B.) and (GPS) for instance. The on site ISO will not fix anything...but the coming Dealer Installed (whatever?!?!?!?) is, and will.

I have reported my total conversation with both my selling Dealer, and what he was told when he had been contacted by Yamaha Canada, and what I was told, that something was coming..and that it would only be handled through your selling dealer by Yamaha Canada. For myself...and because it is not coming through an ISO download update file...that is what is truly making me think...this is the 'one'....and finally after three years of all of us...saying' "When? When? This month, next month? This year?". I hope that that is truly over after three years of this....at least for a 2018 owner!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YPE. Great news. I will start Again to call my local dealer and Yamaha rep to find out more.
Great write up. Appreciate the help and feedback.
If this new whatever has many of the features that should have been standard with a generic gps system that alone will be awesome. I am really looking forward to actual hands free operation.
Anyway fingers crossed and hoping for the best.
Even a few updates would be nice but if they can upgrade the whole unit and software, awesome.
Come on Yamaha!!!
Thanks again Joe.
Gar, I wish that I could have been MUCH MORE detailed and SPECIFIC, but you know...you're lucky to get crumbs falling from the info table from Yamaha, and truly, most of my posting was nothing coming from the Yamaha Rep, other than 'we have the Solution, and it is shortly coming. It is still be tested at/in Yamaha Japan.

It was my dealer that said, amongst other things, 'you will love the NEW (my capitols for highlighting) GPS. So, it's obvious that the dealer network was told a few specific things that is coming with this dealer required visit. My dealer knows how vocal and frustrated I have been over the last three years...and that I months after the release announcement, bought my 2018, and it was over $32,000 CDN out the door. Knowing all that...he said that I 'should' be very happy about what will be after my ride away from the dealer....so...smoking my Holmes and Watson 'pipe' Gar, ....I'm thinking this is the one we have all been (2018 owners) waiting for...to stop our bitching...and start our gushing.... Finger's crossed.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Gar, I wish that I could have been MUCH MORE detailed and SPECIFIC, but you know...you're lucky to get crumbs falling from the info table from Yamaha, and truly, most of my posting was nothing coming from the Yamaha Rep, other than 'we have the Solution, and it is shortly coming. It is still be tested at/in Yamaha Japan.

It was my dealer that said, amongst other things, 'you will love the NEW (my capitols for highlighting) GPS. So, it's obvious that the dealer network was told a few specific things that is coming with this dealer required visit. My dealer knows how vocal and frustrated I have been over the last three years...and that I months after the release announcement, bought my 2018, and it was over $32,000 CDN out the door. Knowing all that...he said that I 'should' be very happy about what will be after my ride away from the dealer....so...smoking my Holmes and Watson 'pipe' Gar, ....I'm thinking this is the one we have all been (2018 owners) waiting for...to stop our bitching...and start our gushing.... Finger's crossed.
I am totally hoping for the best. I have a call into my shop waiting for a call back from a manager buddy that works there. I tried an older number I had for a rep at Corp but it no longer appears to be yam. Anyway I am hopi g this will be a good update and it is for both Canada and US.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am totally hoping for the best. I have a call into my shop waiting for a call back from a manager buddy that works there. I tried an older number I had for a rep at Corp but it no longer appears to be yam. Anyway I am hopi g this will be a good update and it is for both Canada and US.
Gar, I do know that there actually is a slight difference between the Canadian and American SVTC. One is, that the Canadian SVTC software only had the one Satellite Radio service, while the American had two built in. Stuff like that...but that aside, we both have the same (I think?!?!?!?) exact GPS software suite. Your U.S. dealer would be able to advise you. Actually, HE/SHE should already KNOW this is in the pipeline. If they 'don't'...that would be a real (!?!?!?!?!?!?!??) Why not? Hope you get the 'affirmative' yep, they have the 'solution' and it is coming from him/her. Like I typed...I already put my 'dirty shirt' right in there, and told my dealer...BOOK ME IN, ASAP. ANY DAY.....just do it! LOL! I'm ready...have been for the last 3 years! LOL!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Since we were only talking about the SVTC (both my chat with Yamaha Canada (Toronto) and my selling Dealer, ...I can't tell you for sure...but a phone call to your selling dealer might be able to give you a head's up.
I would, except my selling dealer is falling apart at the seams.

Bud, your rig would have to have all the software and hardware features of the T.C. model....CB...Intercom, Satellite Radio, etc. You would figure that this update is model specific...as our C.B. radio linked to the Intercom was a HUGE beef amongst the T.C. crowd...and they heard that...
The GT variant of the Eluder has the CB, & satellite, but no intercom. I kinda doubt that they would have 2 completely different sets of hardware; just additional modules that the system can detect and use. For example, the settings screen in my Eluder has a space for enabling heat on the passenger seat, it's just greyed out because that feature isn't plugged in.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would, except my selling dealer is falling apart at the seams.

The GT variant of the Eluder has the CB, & satellite, but no intercom. I kinda doubt that they would have 2 completely different sets of hardware; just additional modules that the system can detect and use. For example, the settings screen in my Eluder has a space for enabling heat on the passenger seat, it's just greyed out because that feature isn't plugged in.
Bud, the only thing I can say for sure, is that this update is definitely targeting the 2018 SVTC. As for other models, whether model year, 2018 or not, I have no info or indication for.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well, my selling Dealer called me yesterday afternoon, and asked how flexible I was for a booking date. I said flexible enough to become a pretzel! When he finished laughing, he said that if I could come the following next morning that they call me, and advise me that they have everything needed and are 'hot and ready to roll,....if I could be there, they will put me into the first Service Time Slot, and now approximately ahead of 8 other 2018 SVTC's that have gotten wind of this.... sheesh!

So, I said , you call me, and I will be in front of your Service Bay Doors at 9:00 AM sharp. Done deal! Don't know when the call will come...but the next morning...wham, bam, an updated 2018 SVTC will be leaving the dealer! Yeah...MINE! (y)☕😍

When I get the call to come in the next morning for the update/modification, I'll post to the forum, that at least at my Yamaha Dealer, the 'solution' as Yamaha is calling it, is hot and ready to load! I'll keep everybody posted on this thread, of the when, the how, and what I rode away with that was/is different. Cheers! Yeah...I'll admit it...I'm excited to see what this whole enchilada is all about!

Joe

1 - 20 of 27 Posts