Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
Great news, YPE.

I called my dealer yesterday and spoke w\ the service manager. He has not heard ANY word of this as of yet.
I gather your dealer has since he's personally called Yamaha a few times to complain about the issues which are being brought to him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Great news, YPE.

I called my dealer yesterday and spoke w\ the service manager. He has not heard ANY word of this as of yet.
I gather your dealer has since he's personally called Yamaha a few times to complain about the issues which are being brought to him.
I suspect that could indeed been the case, in fact! I had asked him (months!) over many issues to 'find' out WHEN, we are going to get the 2018 looked at...and he had been in consultation with them over the last three weeks regarding my FOB issue. I don't believe that they have yet sent out any dealer wide 'solution' alerts, as the Yamaha Rep said that it is still in Beta testing (the 'solution') and he could not tell me anything about it, other than that don't bother with the ISO file, because blah, blah blah is coming shortly. That was how the conversation went.

Mooney, I actually was calling to ask about the Canadian ISO file, on their site...with no version number. It was the REP that changed the subject to the upcoming Yamaha SVTC 2018 Solution. So I'd just hang tight, and you will either hear/be notified about it, or your dealer will be made aware that the 'solution' is available, or...you will read about my upload/service/upgrade experience on this thread, and the 'when and where' regarding that. Either way, Mooney, you will be aware that it has arrived and was installed, or for others, able to become installed, if you have the 'targeted' model and year. Hang tight...good things on the event horizon!

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Curious if I should hold off with installing an amp. :unsure:
I would. I would want to have a fully 'leaving the dealer...' before doing anything that is going to tie in with the electronics of the bike. That would be my choice. For sure! I obviously was not given a hard 'release to Dealer' date, but I'm sure it will be within my 'generous' two month time period. The Yamaha Rep said that I should forget and pass by their on site, ISO download file. It was HE, that recommend to just wait for their 'solution'....! (y)
 
21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Top