Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Excited to be back on two wheels! Picked up a 2005 v-star classic 650 a couple weeks ago.
I started riding back in 1995 with a honda nighthawk 250. I put about 15K miles on that over a year (only form of transportation), then upgraded to a nighthawk 750. Put about 50K miles on that over several years before I bought my first car, and kept the cycle as a weekend ride. Replaced it at a 100K with a Suzuki Marauder 800, which was around the time my wife and I had our first kid. Yearly mileage on the motorcycle dropped considerably after that. Got rid of it about five years ago as it just pained me to see it gathering dust in the garage.

(Probably shouldn't have taken this picture with the riding lawnmower in the background. Looks like I put some questionable after market seat in the passenger area.)

At any rate, have been lurking for a couple weeks. Now just can't wait to ask some questions! :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice lookn 650. I really like the double steering.Does that gives the passenger something to do.lol

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard. Nice lookn 650. I really like the double steering.I that gives the passenger something to do.lol
Yeah, my wife needs something to play with while we ride...wait a minute...<lightbulb>

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yeah, my wife needs something to play with while we ride...wait a minute...<lightbulb>
Say wouldn't that be something like the cord on a parachute :eek: That might put you in a tail spin:confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome to the bored! ;) Nice looking bike! I like the green mower too. In fact my bike is usually parked very near my Deere!

The bike looks pretty stock, except for the bags. Any plans for it?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the bored! ;) Nice looking bike! I like the green mower too. In fact my bike is usually parked very near my Deere!

The bike looks pretty stock, except for the bags. Any plans for it?
Hate to be a sitck in the mud, but it will probably remain fairly stock. Since I'm just getting back into riding after several years of not owning a bike I wanted something managable, but would like to upgrade to a 950 or 1100 in a couple years.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hit me up for a ride sometime

Excuse me for being immediately suspicious...but what kind of hardware and/or bike am I not going to be able to live without after this ride? Is this going to be a "install several hundred dollars worth of after market components onto my bike and hope she doesn't notice" or a "hope she doesn't notice that my $3,000 bike has transformed into a $15,000 bike" situation?

I've been married seventeen years...just need to lay the groundwork in advance. Suddenly I feel the need to buy her flowers for no reason today.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hooowdy
from Houston

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

If you start taking longer trips or even get involved in group rides with friends i bet you will eventually start wanting accessories and . . . possibly . . . wait for it . . . more power :eek: Go ahead and start investing in your local flower shop now

1 - 20 of 27 Posts