Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings and salutations fellow Star Riders!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been riding since the beginning of 2008. Starting with Sportbikes, but since my wife got into a wreck in the summer of 2008, I had to move to something a bit more comfortable for her. However, I do miss my 2006 Ninja 636 dearly. I currently ride a 2006 Road Star Midnight. I bought this beauty in Las Vegas, NV in 2009. Since then it has undergone some minor transformations. Changed out the Ramair Intake, 2 into 1 with a crossover dual exhaust, and Mustang Seats for a Stock intake (might change to the Yamaha Sportster intake), Vance and Hines Longshots, and Stock seating setup. I have removed the oversized saddle bags and the windscreen (for in town use, I keep it around for the long highway rides). I have also had it repainted, due to a bad factory paint job, to a more traditional two-tone paint scheme (Midnight Black on the top with a Peal White on the sides). Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. For whatever reason, the paint keeps lifting on the tank. Hopefully, I will get it sometime soon. When I do, I will be putting Metzler Whitewalls on it. And Finally, I will be removing all the fake chrome accents that were on. If it's going to have chrome, for the love of god, it's going to be real chrome and not chrome covers.

Since I have had the time to look at all the beautiful bikes on the web, the Raider has really caught my eye. And now that I haven't had a chance to ride my bike since last fall, I am really having motorcycle fever. Since I miss the sportiness of a sport bike but want the comfort of the cruiser ride for my wife. My current dilemma is do I trade my Roady for a Raider or look for some other style?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Fargo, hey? Maybe trade that Road Star for a tan Oldsmobile. Then you can pull that wood chipper around! :D

Anyway, welcome to the bored! ;) Hope you get your ride back soon!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, I don't drive GM vehicles. Nothing against them, but not a huge fan of them. However, my F150 pulls the wood chipper around quite well. :)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum Darkseed.

You must be in cohoots with the other newbs and are writting a new chapter in the book of newb. The title must be "Excuses for not posting pics". Excuse 1: Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. Excuse 2: It's still at the dealer and so on. That's a good thing as we need more info in that book :D

Just to let you know theere are some here in the forom they's needs pics cause they's reedin skills ain't the bestest.

Enjoy the site, post often and don't forget to keep it shiny side up :)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome aboard Darkseed79. Sounds like it's going to be a pretty awesome looking scoot.I have 3 friends that ride with me that have Raiders and one rides 2 up all the time.The other 2 is part time 2up rides. None of the passengers complain. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. When you get your bike back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings and salutations fellow Star Riders!

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been riding since the beginning of 2008. Starting with Sportbikes, but since my wife got into a wreck in the summer of 2008, I had to move to something a bit more comfortable for her. However, I do miss my 2006 Ninja 636 dearly. I currently ride a 2006 Road Star Midnight. I bought this beauty in Las Vegas, NV in 2009. Since then it has undergone some minor transformations. Changed out the Ramair Intake, 2 into 1 with a crossover dual exhaust, and Mustang Seats for a Stock intake (might change to the Yamaha Sportster intake), Vance and Hines Longshots, and Stock seating setup. I have removed the oversized saddle bags and the windscreen (for in town use, I keep it around for the long highway rides). I have also had it repainted, due to a bad factory paint job, to a more traditional two-tone paint scheme (Midnight Black on the top with a Peal White on the sides). Unfortunately, I will not be able to post pics since it is still in the paint shop. For whatever reason, the paint keeps lifting on the tank. Hopefully, I will get it sometime soon. When I do, I will be putting Metzler Whitewalls on it. And Finally, I will be removing all the fake chrome accents that were on. If it's going to have chrome, for the love of god, it's going to be real chrome and not chrome covers.

Since I have had the time to look at all the beautiful bikes on the web, the Raider has really caught my eye. And now that I haven't had a chance to ride my bike since last fall, I am really having motorcycle fever. Since I miss the sportiness of a sport bike but want the comfort of the cruiser ride for my wife. My current dilemma is do I trade my Roady for a Raider or look for some other style?
Hello Darkseed,
I noticed in your post, that you are thinking of removing the tank accents if I am reading you correctly...I am thinking of purchasing an 07/08 Roadliner in the near future, and I would like to know if this is indeed a difficult task? I just joined the forum today, and I was going to start a thread inquiring about this very thing, but I cannot seem to start my own thread. My apologies, and all the best...
j2

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Darkseed. I don't know much about the Raider except that it's a hell of a nice looking bike.

·
Administrator
13,690 Posts
Hello Darkseed,
I noticed in your post, that you are thinking of removing the tank accents if I am reading you correctly...I am thinking of purchasing an 07/08 Roadliner in the near future, and I would like to know if this is indeed a difficult task? I just joined the forum today, and I was going to start a thread inquiring about this very thing, but I cannot seem to start my own thread. My apologies, and all the best...
j2
now you can post in the rest of the forums

1 - 13 of 13 Posts