Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. My name is Zack and I've had my 2007 Vstar 650 for almost a year now. Just joining to get some maintenance tips and possibly ideas about minor modifications. Thanks!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Great to have you join us and look forward to reading about you and seeing pics of your 650. Post often and ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. What part of Florida do you hail from? There's a lot of upgrades for the 650 without breaking the bank. Had several on mine before I moved up to the 950t. I never got less than 50mpg with mine after the upgrades. Ride safe and post often!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi and welcome to the forum. What part of Florida do you hail from? There's a lot of upgrades for the 650 without breaking the bank. Had several on mine before I moved up to the 950t. I never got less than 50mpg with mine after the upgrades. Ride safe and post often!
I'm in Fort Lauderdale! I've been trying to figure out what kind of mods I could do with it? could you guys point me in the right direction? I actually just did the 4 1/4" inch holes in my exhaust over the weekend. Sounds pretty good!

·
Super Moderator
6,398 Posts
My 650 had Vance and Hines true dual exhaust with a k&n air filter and rejected carbs. I'd suggest determining exactly what you're wanting to accomplish with it, and go from there. There's several good places on the internet to shop. For me, Amazon lately has some very competitive prices. Ive also used phat performance out west, and eBay. If you have the time to shop around, you can save some money. I just upgraded my 950t, and saved between $300-$600. Keep us updated on your progress.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts