Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick introduction. Long time BMW rider, last year sold both and bought a V-Star 950. Getting older and the tall bikes were taking the fun out of riding. Also with a new born on the way I knew long trips would be out of the picture for some time. So cruiser it was. Here is a pic from a weekend camping trip down the Blue Ridge parkway last year. Put Hepco-Becker bags on, couldn't let go totally of the adv-rider mindset.

Would like to reach out and see where is the best place to get a service manual for this bike, I'm use to adjusting BMW valves and would like to learn how on this bike.

cheers

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,254 Posts
Welcome to the forum from north ms. Nice looking 950 and scenery. I ride/own an 09' 950t myself, and you should be able to find a manual on ebay. That's where I found mine. Ride safely, and enjoy the forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ebay is one way to go. On line manuals are availabe too. Parts dealers like Dennis Kirk have them too.
Joining the forum was a good idea. Most people here are helpful and pleasant and fun. Lots of info.
Like your bike...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm in the Chesterfield area, south of Richmond.

Thanks for the advice, I ordered a Clymer from Amazon, I'll see how they adjust the valves.

Todays decision, to ride to work or not.

cheers

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome Cevers, I'm just to your south in Prince George. Commonwealth Powersports may have your manual. Have you checked with them?

·
Super Moderator
13,206 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forget Commonwealth is down there, but looks like that is where i'll have to go for oil. The Honda house on Hull st West of 288 just closed it doors, and going to the W Broad location is a headach.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts