Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum. Actually I joined a few months ago, but am just getting around to actually being active. The Name is Kent and I hail from Leesville Louisiana. I'm a semi retired Army aviator. Semi retired as in retired from the army but still working towards my fortune. Family man with the usual Family guy things: Mortgage, grass to mow, trees to trim, hence the occasional fun ride.

I ride a pretty much stock 2014 V-Star 1300 Deluxe, used mainly as a commuter and the occasional fun ride(when mamma isn't putting me to work). I pretty much ride year round. Only stopping for rain and temperatures below 40 degrees.
I've been riding since 1989, when I bought an old Honda CB500. Two stroke, kick start and weighed a ton.

I look forward to many great conversations with this group.

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Kent. You'll fit right in. Congrats on retirement from active duty. I remember Leesville from one of the joint brave shield exercises in 1974. I was USAF. A long time ago.

Enjoy the site and see ya out on the road.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,003 Posts

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
I remember my father telling me that Greetings and Salutations is what it said on the head of the letter he received from the draft board, when he was 18 in 1944 - drafted into the army

:^)

·
Super Moderator
6,228 Posts
Hi Kent, welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike. Thank you for service and glad you joined us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Welcome from Northern California. Congrat's on the retirement from the Army and best wishes getting your fortune rounded up. Your service is appreciated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts