Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, been lurking for awhile. Just picked up my new to me 05 1100 Classic /w 2200 miles on it yesterday so I figured I would take the plunge and finally register. Rode dirt bikes for years when I was younger this is my first big boy bike and so far I love it! I got it for a steal too or so I've been told.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I've been riding dirt bikes since I was about 10, when I lived in up in Washington St. and quit riding when I started having kids at 18 :). I paid $3000 for the 1100 from the CEO of the company I work for. He's in his seventies now and decided he didn't want it taking up space in his garage. It's definitely off the trailer (I had to drive 100 miles to pick it up.) I've put 40-50 miles on it since yesterday. Already noticed he lost a screw to the air cleaner cover and the gas tank cap seems to be missing a screw, which I'm hoping didn't make its way into the tank but I'm sure it has.

Addendum, I'm already working on a few things I want to pickup for the bike. Those fringe Saddlebags are high up on the list to get replaced.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy riding it. It's a really nice looking ride. Thank you for replacing the fringe saddlebags...

Hope we can answer all your questions..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome from a previous Arkansan. Nice bike. And IMO you did get a very good deal. With that few of miles on an 05 you will want to check everything out real good and change all fluids before taking any long trips. Seafoam is your friend.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Welcome ManDingo!

Yep, looks like a great deal. The missing gas cap screw is in the tank. Put some loctite on the remaining one before you lose it too. If you can't find the missing one in the tank, the exact size is listed in the wiki KB (just google wiki vstar 1100 knowledge base and then bookmark the page - and say a thankyou to Sick Mick and the other members like FullTilt who made it all happen).

Really great ride, but I'm a bit biased.

And you've been lurking AND listening . . . . you posted a pic on the intro :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts