Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day.

I just joined and wanted to say a quick hello.
I am not new to riding, but am new to star bikes.
I started with ninja250's and 500's in NYC until I moved to AZ. Eventually got an old beat up LS650 Savage that ran horribly so I parked it and there it sat for some 5-6years.

In a tribute to my recently passed father I picked up the nicest cruiser I could afford on a sub 2k budget (99 V Star 650 classic w 65k miles) and will be touring and cruising all the great state of AZ has to offer.

Considering the mileage on the bike, I figured here would be a great place to learn the tricks to keep this bike running.

I may start off with newbie questions, so I'll thank you in advance for your patience. And hope to one day contribute valuable input as well.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northwest Illinois. Great to have you join us and look forward to reading about you and the 650. You have a great bike there and with normal maintenance you'll put mile after mile on it. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome from a fellow Arizonan. It's not too far from where you are to the cooler climes in the White Mountains. A big plus is all the twisty roads there. And you'll find many helpful people here. All you have to do is ask. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. We'd love to see some pics of your ride. I loved my 650, and there's a pretty large aftermarket for them. Never be afraid to ask anything here. We've all been newbies at one time or another. That's how we all learn. Ride safe and post often!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts