Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
Wow Portside, must have been in a rush when you posted your intro!
So....tell us a bit more about yourself, which yammy you ride, where you hail from, etc. We're really big on pics here as they inspire the rest of us. We're glad you joined us, and whichever one you ride, ride it safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, yes I was running out at the time. I'm a lifelong mountain cruiser out of Colorado riding a 2008 V-Star 1100 I picked up last year as an upgrade from my Shadow. Been modifying it mostly for performance, but also to learn every detail on it for reliability (used bikes can have "interesting" work done previously). I've found at least a half dozen fixes from the previous owner that were not quality work in my book. So right now getting ready to put her back together: Cobra Lo-Boy pipes, MaxAir Predator Pro Pod intake, Rebuilt and jetted the carbs, Carb solenoid removal, AIS removal, Iridium plugs, new battery and high flow fuel filter. She's pretty naked right now, but will be 100% by next week. I'll take some pictures and post then... unless it is snowing!

·
Super Moderator
6,086 Posts
I understand, just kidding with you, we're very relaxed here and love to share with one another. Sounds like a great on going project, looking forward to the pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Welcome Portside sounds like you have redone this ride from inside out! Curious to see pictures once it is back together. That is a sure way to know your ride...not many of us do. Certainly wish I could confidently do the mechanical work myself but am learning basics for now. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Welcome from N. Florida. While you have it apart make sure to check the nut on the drive shaft that holds it to the back of the trans. Make sure it is tight and then stake it. Other than that I can't think of any downside to that bike.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Welcome from (still) snowy Canada. Sounds like you got yourself a real nice upgrade there. Also looking forward to some pics.

·
Super Moderator
4,621 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe. It's great you are making the bike yours with the mods. Keep us informed after you get a few new miles one it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts