Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals

I've been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid and have been riding my dad's old '81 Kawi 550 for the last couple years. Started the research for my own bike and settled on a Star…now just 950 or the 1300? I'm leaning towards the 1300 but we'll see as I'm trying to find a place I could possibly test drive them both and compare.

Looks like a good group of folks here, looking forward to learning somethings from you all.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Welcome to the 4M. I had the 950T and loved it, but ended up getting the bigger Stratoliner after 3 years. I was feeling I should of gotten the bigger bike first.. Still no regrets the 950T was fun and dependable. It is really a matter of how comfortable you feel on either bike --- Comes down to your choice, both are great.

Ride Safe

·
Registered
621 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I've never been on a 1300, but after 3 years I'm still thrilled with my 950. Hope you get to do that comparison.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum! I've never been on a 1300, but after 3 years I'm still thrilled with my 950. Hope you get to do that comparison.
3 Years and thrilled, eh? That's what I want to hear! - I've read a lot of first ride reviews that rave about the 950 and 1300; but after a couple years I've seen a lot of complaints about maintenance noisy clutches, issues with the front forks, and engines issues such as lifter knock and other issues.

What do you think, a couple lemons that whine a lot? Anybody else have reliability to speak on the 950 or 1300??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts