Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am Rainier Vermaak and I am the proud new owner of a 2006 Silverado, 20000 miles on the clock and black in color.

First cruiser ever, so I am sure the acclimatisation period will take a while.

The pipes are louder than thunder, the screen must go asap and the open road beckons.....

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Canada eh. It won't take you long to tame that fine beast and the enjoyment that will follow will put an ever lasting smile on your face. Tell us a bit more about yourself, how long you've been riding special trips you've been on and if you plan to move to antartica.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum from Canada eh. It won't take you long to tame that fine beast and the enjoyment that will follow will put an ever lasting smile on your face. Tell us a bit more about yourself, how long you've been riding special trips you've been on and if you plan to move to antartica.

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.
Thank you kind sir, my previous ride was a 178bhp Busa, so it is the strange riding position that i need to get used to.

Been riding since I was 14, started with a Honda MB5.

Not moving to Antartica soon.....but I have been to about 30 states in the USA.:):)

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M.

If one of the 30 states was Maine then you are accredited with also experiencing either of the polar ice caps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the 4M.

If one of the 30 states was Maine then you are accredited with also experiencing either of the polar ice caps.
Nope, but I have been to Vermont, NH and Alaska and that was plenty cold. Today was 80 degrees here, biking and tanning at the same time...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So Rainer, when are planing on visiting Canada? Maine is about 150 miles from the north pole and I can see the pole from where i live :D. Expecting another 15-20 cm's of snow on Monday :(

Will it ever end?
We have friends that moved to Canada last month, they are NOT enjoying the cold.

I am going for a swim to cool down....

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Salutations....and welcome to the forum....btw your machine looks great. But maybe I'm a bit biased as it looks alot like the beast sitting up in the shed and waiting for Spring to spring.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts