Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 V Star 1100 Custom
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Just wanted to say hello from Nova Scotia, Canada. Finally got my 2008 V Star 1100 Custom out of winter storage. Even though COVID is keeping us indoors, the weather is warming up and I'm ready to hit the roads! Unfortunately, The bike is not running great. I did the SS Customs POD MOD at the end of the season last year and didn't drive much - stored for the winter. Now that I got it out of storage, it's backfiring / poping like crazy on deceleration. So, back to the bench to try to figure it out. Hopefully I can get it running right soon.
Cheers.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Nice introduction. There are many here who can give you suggestions. Hopefully you stored it with some fuel stabilizer of some sort. The SeaFoam crowd will be posting here soon about the benefits. Glad your weather is getting better. Ours here in Ohio has been dreadful but weirdly enough beautiful on the few days that I can not ride...Days that I can ride....wet...windy...cold...frustrated by the weather and the Covid crap...Snoop around and enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,936 Posts
Welcome from the Moncton area. Hope you get to put some miles on soon. The weather is down right summer like out there today. If you didn't rejet when you changed your intake that could be the problem. I'm no expert but I've seen that pop up on here several times. If you post your issue in the Vstar section I know some of our resident experts will have some ideas. Hope to see you on the roads this summer!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,417 Posts
Welcome from Houston Texas. Start another thread in the Vstar section and I'm sure we can get you up and running. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Super Moderator
7,625 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee! Love to see some pics of your bike. Hope you get the bugs worked out soon enough to get some riding in, I’m like most others are experiencing, nice and dry when I’m at work, raining, damp, and windy when I’m not working!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
welcome from western New York. Hope you are on the road soon and stop by often. Happy trails... ride safe.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Welcome for Wisconsin i have a 01 1100 classic myself. Did you store it with a fuel additive? If not it sounds like you may need to clean the carbs. Some how i managed to get my classic out once a month over the winter. Never able to do that before. Like to see some pics and hope you get it going easily. Hopefully it is just the plugs or something easy. Stop by often

·
Registered
2010 Vstar 950. Candy Red.
1,054 Posts
Welcome. Let me be the first to say "Seafoam!!". It ungunked my outboard after a couple of years of neglect.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts