Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all you Star fans,

My name is Itamar, a 52-year-old chap from the Galilee in Israel. I am riding a '99 1100 V-star (well, it is supposed to be a Dragstar, but my specific bike comes from a batch imported in 1999 from Canada as a market tester... ) for over 4 years now and as happy as can be. Already completed a 1600K SaddleSore Iron Butt challenge and looking to do a 2000K/24 combined into a 3600K/36 challenge sometime this summer.

Anyway, enough about me.
I stumbled upon this forum in an attempt to find tips and directions for replacing the original 5 3/4" headlight with a 7" one and I was wondering if anyone has any advice regarding this alteration.

Furthermore, I find a lot of various types of headlights, but most of them come without the bucket... And the new buckets I manage to find on e-bay are mostly plastic coated with chrome color...
I am not too fond of plastic and prefer good ol' chrome coated metal bucket (and other parts too)...
Any hints?

Thanks in advance,
Itamar

·
2,385 Posts
Welcome from Canada. I can't offer any help with your headlight search either but there are plenty of knowledgeable people here so I'm sure someone will be able to help out.

·
Super Moderator
6,300 Posts
Hi Itamar, welcome to the forum the mountains of East Tennessee. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 1100. Since we have quite a few of 1100 owners here, I'm certain one of those members will be able to help answer your question. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hi Itamar....great you stumbled upon our forum, welcome. Have a friend from England who is travelling around Europe. Hope you are able to locate what you need. Share some of your travel experiences with us. It would be interesting, for sure. Ride safe and enjoy~YammyV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts