Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always thought riding a bike would be rad, but it was never practical -- I finally decided to say screw practicality and have some fun. It also helps that I have gotten most of the stupid high speed driving out of my system and have a 3 year old kid to keep me responsible.

I work too damned much and needed something to get me outside and away from a computer so I finally decided I was finally going to get an MC license. This was the end of August. I then registered for an MSF BRC course the 2nd week in September. Realized I needed a permit, so I ran down the DMV and took the written test. Then I bought a bike last weekend. That is about as impulsive as I get. It took me 1 month to go from never having sat on a bike to being licensed and owning one.

Here is the result:

1998 V-Star 650 Custom w/ 13,000 miles. Not a bad way to start.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to clean up the wiring up front and get rid of those hideous front turn signals. I am completely brand new to bikes so let me know my options. Mirrors with LEDs are the only options I can think of right now.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,043 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
now you're a biker!! so which biker tats are you getting next week?
Although he doesn't stick to the bad ass biker tat style, I have been thinking about talking to a very talented friend to put together a design for a tat. He normally does concert posters, but has designed a few completely bad ass tats.
Here are some of his posters: http://www.gigposters.com/designer/30115_Jason_Knudson.html

I think I am going to go rent "Wild Hogs" and wait for inspiration to strike. :eek:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome!

There are a ton of turn signal options - all depends on what look you want and how much $$$ you want to give away.
It needs to be cleaner and sleeker, so I thinking mirrors are the way to go since they will eliminate the extra turn signals all together.... oh, and the thing is screaming for some thick white wall tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts