Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi one and all, just bought myself a 1100 V Star Custom and now all is well in the world. Have a question for you guys - how the heck do I remove the front fender? Want to do a respray and can't find any info online - any help would be very gratefully received

Thanks and see you around,

- J

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome "J", from southwestern PA. Congrats on your new ride. If "Custom" mounts same as "Classic", then there only 4 bolts holding it on. 2 on each side. Bolt right to the lower fork legs. Probly have to take off wheel. Maybe some before and after pics, eh?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take off the wheel huh, hoping I can get away with not doing that but if that's the way then that's the way. Not sure if the mounts are the same as the Classic - strangely I can find any info on either (even on the bobber sites where the front fender is the first to go!) but will get this done one way or another =)

Before and after pics to come!

Have a good one buddy,

- J

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a little west of your place. I'm sure you've already noticed that this forum is one heck of a place with lots of great folks, great pics and people willing to help out. Make sure you post pics ca6se we have this one guy from Missippi that gets crankynif he doesn't see pics. He's just funny that way :D. Maybe one day we'll meet up in Tremblant or St-Sauveur or where ever.

Ride safe and keep, it shiny side up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts