Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.....

I just bought my very first motorcycle this year. Since I am a female rider I opted for a Vstar 650 for my first bike. It's a 2003 with 4,400 miles on it. Run like a dream.

If anyone is in the New England area and would like to ride on the weekends, please hit me up! I am always up to meet new people and ride....

~~Kimberly~~

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Welcome to the 4M!

There's not a lot of Granite Staters on here.

Glad to see you posted a real sized picture of your bike too. Too many pictures on here are a postage stamp thumbnail size type poor excuse of a picture. Very nice looking ride you have there too.

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be :D

Nice bike :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kimberly.Great lookn bike and starter bike. So have you taken a motorcycle safety course? Good idea if you haven't. Have you ridden other bikes? Nice pic I didn't have to put my glasses on to see it. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I consider myself a biker babe or biker chick??? I dunno is there another option? I just love to ride... How about biker chick babe? I'm the best of both! Ha!

And as far as my experience goes well... my love for things on wheels started when I was a baby. I grew up in a family automobile repair garage. You know how some people get all excited when they smell fresh baked pies or cookies... Mine is gas and rubber tires!!! I love the smell, brings back good memories.

If it has wheels from 2 - 18, goes on water (under power or by sail) or has wings then I can drive it, sail it, and fly it. My drivers license has no more room for endorsements.

I am in fact taking the New Hampshire riders course this year. Even though I do know how to ride, this will be my first year not as a passenger. I think it's well worth the time and money...

I'll be posting more pictures in the weeks to come as I have plans on doing a few customizations on my bike. Anyone have any suggestions for a windshield and passengers set with a backrest? The windshield is my top priority right now... Lots of bugs in New Hampshire...

Kim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the welcomes... I'll be getting that windshield that was recommended above. I still am in need of a good backrest. I'll be traveling with a 10yr old at some point.. any suggestions for that...?

Kim

·
Administrator
13,713 Posts
yay! i helped!

not sure what to recommend for a backrest so i'd suggest starting a thread in the VStar forum on here and ask your question there. is the 10yr old your son/daughter/niece/nephew/cousin/neighbor/make-a-wish kid?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts