Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day folks,

Back on two wheels after an enforced hiatus brought on by selling my last bike 18 months ago before moving up here from Australia.

The last year, living right on the banks of the Delaware and having 200+ bikes a day go past my front porch, has been torturous.

But recently acquired an '06 1100 Silverado, for a bargain with only 1400 on the clock. And doubled those miles in the last 6-8 weeks.

Last bike was an '02 Virago 250. She was a great little commuter in the city, but I'm loving the grunt and the room of the 1100 on these country roads around the Delaware Valley.

The Virago was rebuilt, and half torn down again when I sold it, so naturally my spanner hand is already getting itchy and I'm in the process of stripping things off the Silverado.

Bags and pillion/sissy bar are gone, next the passing lights, then stock seat. New indicators, filter cover, risers or maybe apes eventually, as the w̶i̶f̶e̶y̶ budget permits.

Already got questions, and a few answers, to post. Look forward to a bit of back and forth with y'all.

·
2,504 Posts
Welcome from the east coast of Canada. Beautiful ride you got there. Lots of friendly and helpful people here so feel free to ask any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Glad you are back on two wheels with a more beefy ride. Looks like you will be doing some cool things to it, going for a more minimalist style. Like bobber? - Glad you joined the forum.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are back on two wheels with a more beefy ride. Looks like you will be doing some cool things to it, going for a more minimalist style. Like bobber? - Glad you joined the forum.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
Definitely prefer the minimalist look. Not a big fan of fairing or too many extras. But for some reason I'm just not into bobbed fenders eithers. So probably somewhere in the middle.
Probably cut down on the chrome eventually too ☺

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,470 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Ride often and safe.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts