Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just wanted to check in. I'm flying down to Tampa Thursday to purchase my brand new 09 left over Strat. I've had a VStar 650, a RoadStar 1600, and I currently own a 09 Aprilia Shiver.

I'm looking forward to picking up the Strat. It's a stunning bike. I hope all the reviews are true and it rides as good as it looks. It's a long 8 hour ride to bring her home but it should be fun. I'll check in and let you know how it turned out.

Here's a photo of my soon to be Strat and my current Aprilia Shiver.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome to the forum birdog. Love the pictures you newbies are doing some home work. Well done. Both scoots are very good lookn. That Shiver looks fast.The liner will not disappoint you. Sounds like it's going to be a great road trip on a brand new scoot.Looking forward to here about the road trip. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Howdy Birdog and welcome.

Just a tip: the Aprilia and the Strat..........they're not the same. ;-)

Be careful riding around the South these days, too. As Ron White would say, "It's not that the wind is blowin', it's WHAT the wind is blowin.' If you get hit by a Volvo......" well, I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Welcome to the forum pull up a chair and beverage of choice and set back and enjoy the show!! There is alot of good people here to help you with your any problems that you may have and some that are quite entertaining! Welcom again!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome from where ever i may be:)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Welcome to our fun place. I normally don't quote the newbie rule book to people who have posted pics of their ride but here's one that I keep hidden in the addendum in the back.

This rule states: "newbies are invited to post pics on their first post to get under the skin of the pic police". :) HD has a thin hide so be gentle with him ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've getting excited about the long ride to bring her home. Should be fun. By the way... I assume I can go about 200 miles on a tank. Is that about right?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Thanks for the warm welcome! I've getting excited about the long ride to bring her home. Should be fun. By the way... I assume I can go about 200 miles on a tank. Is that about right?
I know that hdeater113 has a problem with 'wrist spasm-itis', so i would ask him how many miles he gets out of a tank and consider that the 'minimum' that you will get

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
It's called the liner twitch.If you keep it around 50 to 55mph you can pull close to 200. If you run hwy speed 60 to 75 you might get 150 to 160.
Remember you got to break this bike in so the first couple of tanks won't be the greatest.Break in can have a lot of pros and cons. I bought my bike out of town and had too ride about 200 miles home.My speed varied from in town speeds to hwy speeds to over a 100 mph then back down. I never held it a one steady speed. I wanted the rings to seat in good.
I wish I was riding back with you it sounds like a blast.You ride safe,have fun and take some road trip pics.Godspeed.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made it back today. What a ride. It's a great bike... but here's what I learned....486 miles = sore A-S no matter what bike you are riding! It was a fun adventure.

It was tough to see all those bike headed east (to Daytona Bike Week) as I was headed west twords home. O well... maybe next year. If you have never gone to Bike Week, do yourself a favor and do it. I've gone a couple of times and it's a blast!

I'll post a few pics when I can. Thanks guys!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts