Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to y'all fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. Just here to introduce myself and dive into the plethora of info available. Very cool to see so many people sharing their experience to help others as needed. Its amazing what can happen when knowledge, ingenuity, camaraderie and respect come together......
Dewinterized my machine and I've put about 1500 miles on my vstar 1100 in the last month. As always, it's nice to feel sweet summertime coming back around as it has been a cold, wet winter here in the Northwest.

Let's Keep 'em rubber side down and stay safe out there folks...... Seems to be alot of cell-phone attention while driving and we all know what will eventually be in store for those that just don't seem to understand how important it is to NOT be on your phone while driving. Kinda like the lady who was way too close and behind me today on the freeway, in heavy traffic, at 70mph+!! Sometimes I wish i had a preset-programmable LED message board or maybe at least a big digital LED finger on the backside of my passenger backrest that i can activate with the flip of a switch.....
That'd be kinda cool but prolly would just make for some other unnecessary road-side excitement!!! Okay, I've rambled on enough! Goodnight....>:)

·
2,478 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, where we're slowly waking up from a long winter too. I've only managed to get a couple of hundred miles on mine so far this 'spring', not so much because of the cold, but the salty roads. At least the snow has finally melted here so it's getting closer.

This is the best forum I've ever been a part of (for any of my vehicles). There is an amazing sense of family here and people will go out of their way to help with any problems that arise. You won't get the 'that's been asked before - do a search' response here.

Love to see a pic of your 1100. Post one when you get a chance.

Paul

·
Super Moderator
6,393 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee Michael!
I couldn’t have said it any better than my friend NothernRider did,we’re very family oriented, we pick at each other from time to time, but we’re by each other’s side. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your ride. I truly understand the frustration of ‘distracted drivers’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
738 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, Ohio!
Cell phones and bad drivers seem to go hand in hand. I had somebody come over on me while they were taking a selfie! I got their attention at a light and asked them if they were as important as they thought they were.. did'nt they think that somebody else would be driving them around?

I added more lights over the winter to make myself more visible. Ahhh bright lights and loud pipes..

Ride safe! Ride often!

·
Registered
110 Posts
You won't get the 'that's been asked before - do a search' response here.
Ya people here actually send a link and explain why they believe it holds the information you seek. Even my now second favorite forum you would only get that occasionally.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,388 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome from Winnipeg.

I'm with you on the no phone while driving, My finger gets sore some days from flipping it the bad drivers. :mad:

Weather here has not cooperated this year, I am still waiting to get out for my first good ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi there Michael. I'm up the road from you in Fredrickson Washington. Maybe we can meet up some day in, say Morton, and figure out what to do from there.

Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts