Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a note to introduce myself. My name is Tombstone and I'm a retired Army helicopter Crew Chief. I spent over 20 years flying and repairing US Army Hueys and Blackhawks. After retiring in 2006 I relocated to FL and now work as an IT Engineer for a defense contractor.

Realizing my inability to function efficiently without my fellow military brothers and sisters, I joined the Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association where we spend our free time riding together, telling war stories and helping vets and their families. Anyone interested should check out http://combatvet.org/ or if you live in the Sunshine State, you can find us at http://www.cvmaflorida.org/

I ride an 06 V-Star 1100 Custom, (with flames - LOL). I call it my "Yama-Davidson".

Within less than five minutes of discovering this forum, I saw it's beauty. I had a starting problem with my bike and upon performing some research, I kept getting side tracked with tangent topics I found interesting. In the end, I saw lots of articles written to be helpful and thorough. That was it, I had to join.

Most of my friends ride HD's and while they do have some pretty cool looking bikes, I've decided to stick with my Yama-Davidson for the time being. Some day I'd like to explore the possibility of getting a Road King, right now, I'm happy.

I'm always looking for tips on cool and useful gear specifically for my Yama-Davidson. I'd rather read others experiences before I commit much $$'s. I hope something I share while a member here will be helpful to someone.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Welcome, yes, this is one of the best civil forums there is (IMHO) when it comes to knowledge and a whole ton of folks are more than willing to help and offer what they can. Add what you can when you can, help the Star Bikes Forums grow :) BTW, glad to see service members come on board, sort of special to me, been there too. Ride safe.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome! I lived in Ocala, Florida for 10 years, now back in Buffalo, N.Y., But someday back to FL.
Love my V Star 950 Tourer. Harleys are nice bikes,
but I can't justify taking out a second mortgage to buy one $$$.
Besides, my 950 is a perfect fit for me, and it has it's own very uniqe
style, and sound. I'm not gonna change a thing on it. Just love it
the way it is.
Glad to see ya here, enjoy!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the warm welcome Taboo and Sugar Bear. It's always good to hear from members when you join a new forum. It makes me feel at home.

Welcome Home Sugar Bear! I appreciate your service to this great country. I look forward to meeting more members and contributing where I can.

All the best,

Tombstone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts