Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!

Stumbled across this forum when I was looking for some help with my '02 650 Custom's V&H exhaust issues. Very helpful! Signed up right away!

I live in Toronto, Canada and my latest quest is to find a nice set of wide white walls. Something that's proving to be more challenging than it sounds. Motorcycle Superstore won't ship tires to Canada anymore apparently.

Checked pretty much all the shops up here and all I can find or order are black walls in the sizes I need (100/90-19 and 170/80-15). I noticed that Avon no longer makes the Cobras but I found a couple of "new" sets on ebay. I'm a little leery about buying preowned tires online. Also looked into the Shinko 777s and noticed they have really mixed reviews. Anyone know of any other options out there?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks for the replies! Checked Royal. Apparently they don't even stock a 100/90-19 in a black wall. The tires I saw on ebay are brand new, but there's no way to know how long they've been sitting on a shelf or in a basement somewhere.

Does anyone know if Avon has replaced the Cobra line with anything? That seemed to be the only line with a matched set in the sizes I need - now discontinued. It's crazy how hard it is to find these things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts