Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, have been lurking and checking out your site since I picked up my new to me '99 Vstar 650 Classic back in Early-Mid June...

So far looks like you got a Great site that I can enjoy for alittle while, and hoping I can get my current mods done, so I can get in some riding before I put it up for afew months...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Welcome to the forum from over here in Northwest Illinois. Great to have you on board and look forward to seeing pics of the 650. Post often and ride safe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Kindly Old V Star Man, still getting adjusting the Knuckle Beach Bar, gotta pick up some new grips, and then get the lighting reassembled before I take any pics... I work late, and 7 days a week currently, so I gotta get up the motivation to get out there early to play with it somemore... Its my first bike, and still trying to learn how to ride, but I got some of the basics down...

Ride Safely Brother, and Enjoy the Wind for me would ya!

·
Super Moderator
6,088 Posts
Hi Dragon, welcome to the forum. Theres a lot of 650 owners here that are very willing to help and answer all of your questions. Just a suggestion and being your first bike, get a good quality repair manual. They are priceless when it comes to repairs and upgrades. Ride safe and post often.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Dragon, welcome to the forum. Theres a lot of 650 owners here that are very willing to help and answer all of your questions. Just a suggestion and being your first bike, get a good quality repair manual. They are priceless when it comes to repairs and upgrades. Ride safe and post often.
Definitely Great Advice for a Newbie to have, and I Thank You for the suggestion Keith Brother! Though I'm new to Motorcycles, I grewup wrenching, and I learned a longtime ago that when buying any vehicle used, its always best to pick up an Owners Manual, a Chilton/Clymer/Haynes Repair Manual, and if cost effective, then also the Factory Service Manuals... So first purchases after I bought my star, was an Owners Manual, and a Clymers manual... Cheers Brother, and Enjoy the Wind!
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

Thank you Bevo Brother!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts